Let the Bodies Hit the Floor

The dark figure started inching its way towards me. I tried to move, but my legs didn't want to. I tried to scream, but my voice had gone dry. Then it happened. It drug its tongue across my face leaving a slimy trail.

"Ahhhhh," I let out an ear ringing scream of horror. This caused the figure to retreat farther under my bed. Jake appeared in my door way in a matter of seconds. His face full of fear.

"What is wrong Kayla? Are you okay," Jake asked as he inched closer to my spot on the floor.

"L-L-look," I stuttered.

"What?," Jake questioned.

"There's someone or something under my bed," I manage to choke out. I pointed my long skeleton like finger towards my bed. Jake lifted the sheets, and grabbed the figure. He revealed an innocent, baby, bulldog puppy. The figure I saw was a freaking pup. The reason I was so terrified was over a damn puppy.

I stood there confused as I looked at the animal. Shaking my head in embarrassment. I woke jake up screaming because of a harmless puppy. I wanted to punch myself. "but, I don't have a dog," I stated. I was obviously talking aloud to myself. Where did it come from?.

I couldn't be mad about the bulldog though. She was adorable. She had brown and white fur, and was covered in fat rolls from head to paw. She had a light pink collar on. Wait a minute something was attached to the collar. As I reached to grab it Jakes massive hands got to it first.

I watched as his eyes skimmed over it. His face harder and angrier every second he continued to read it. I couldn't stand it anymore. I snatched the note from his hand and read it out loud. "Hey pretty lady. You're next.

My body went cold and numb. I felt my feet give in allowing my body to make a loud thump as it hit the floor. A pain shot through my whole body. A pain like no other. Everything faded into a black darkness.

I woke up with something cold dripping on my face. "Cut it out," I croaked as water flooded the inside of my mouth. I coughed and sputtered, causing the water to empty my mouth. "What do you think you're doing," I shouted furiously.

"You fainted and I have been attempting to wake you up the last hour," Jake explained. Why would I have passed out? I questioned myself keeping my thoughts in my head.

I scanned the room for something to jog my memory. As I scanned the room I seen the bulldog puppy snoozing on the floor. I remembered the note I had found attatched to its collar. I picked it up and read it over and over. My face turned pale.

He called me the pretty lady. That was the exact thing the man in the diner told me. I knew the note was from him, but how do I prove it. My hands started to shake as I finally comprehended on what the note had said.

I'm next. I Kayla Walker was next. "He said I'm next," I stammered. I made eye contact with Jake. He looked so helpless.

"Kayla, we have to contact the police," Jake stated. I shook my head no in response. "Are you freaking kidding me? He breaks into your house and said you're next. You have to be messing with me," Jake exclaimed.

"I don't want to bring anymore attention towards me than necessary," I shot back.

"Kay, we have no idea what all he is capable of. We know what he did to that woman in Shrewsberry. I don't want that happening to yo-," his voice broke as he said the last word. I seen tears build up in his gorgeous, blue eyes. I had never seen him cry before.

I pulled him into a big hug, and whispered into his left ear, "Nothing will happen to me Jake. I will be safe as long as I have you to protect me." I seen the tears in his fade as a smile spread across his face. He bent down and kissed me on the forehead.

I bsmiled slightly as I turned to head up the stairs. I had to get my mind off of things. A long warm bubble bath was practically calling my name.

I turned the water on, making the water feel perfect. Not too cold and just the right amount of hot. Perfect. I stripped off my clothes and walked to the farthest side of the bathroom with my clothes in my hand.

I held the clothes in my hand like a basketball. I tossed them into the air making them land perfectly into the laundry basket. "She goes up for the three pointer, and she scores," I mimicked in my best guy impression. I still got it, I thought to myself as I grinned.

Thinking back to the team in high school team made me really remember how much my team had ment to me. I was practically with them girls every day, it was sad to know how much our life changes after high-school. I'm lucky if I see them more than two times a year.

I reached under the sink and grabbed my bubble bath. As I poured it into the running water, the fragrance of sweet cherries filled my nostrils. I breathed the scent in making my mouth water. Cherries were my favorite fruit.

I slipped in the bath tub. The water felt absolutely incredible. I could feel my eyes starting to close as I got more and more relaxed. I dozed off.

I woke up to loud pounding on the door. I was started at first, but then I recognized the familiar voice.

"Kay hurry up, I gotta poop," Jake screeched. What a lovely way to wake up. That was too much for me to handle. I burst out laughing, snorting also as I continued to laugh for three continuos minutes straight.

I raised up the plug and the water slowly started to drain. I dried my hair off and attempted to brush through the tangled mess. I reached on the counter for my clothes to throw on. Crap. I must of left them in my bedroom.

I wrapped my body in the striped towel and opened the door. Jake was blocking my exit. "Jake, get outta my room you idiot," I yelled. I could feel my cheeks start to flush pink.

He ignored my request and stepped closer to me. I felt his hands as the reached around my tiny waist. He bent down and lifted me up, throwing me over his broad shoulders. "Move Kayla I really gotta go," he complained as he threw me face down onto my bed.

I mumbled jerk with my face still pressed against the covers. I rose up and walked to the other side of my room, putting my clothes on as fast as possible. I was trying to get as far away from the bathroom as I could. I was obviously not quick enough, as a foul stench filled my room.

"God Jake, something must have crawled up your butt and died," I gagged as I sprinted downstairs. I heard his rumble of laughter echo throughout my house.

"Guys are gross," I mumbled to myself. Especially that one guy I call my best friend.