Drugged

*KAYLA'S POV*

I woke up to a luminescent light shining, which immediately made my head throb from the intensity.

I scanned over the mark on my arm from the incident early. I suddenly remembered the man evilly smirking as he injected the green substance in my vein. He drugged me.

I rubbed my index finger over the puffy spot. I winced at the slightest touch. The pain was unbearable, making it almost impossible for me to try and move my arm.

I searched over my surroundings. My head felt extremely heavy as i positioned it from left to right. Obviously the drug hadn't worn off just yet.

The surroundings were the same. Everything was exactly as I remembered it. The area was still spotless, and smelt strongly of bleach and other cleaning products.

I heard a door close shut from upstairs. Fear ran through my body as I heard the soft footsteps of someone coming my way.

I thought fast and laid back against the chair. I closed my eyes loosely, and tried to relax my body as much as possible. My breathing finely went to its regular pattern as the foot steps came to a stop.

I now knew that it was two sets of feet that I had heard coming from the staircase.

I recognized the voice as he began to speak to the other person. I squinted my eyes a little just so I could get a peek of who my kidnapper was talking to.

He was standing leaned up against the wall as the other man stood in front of him with his arms folded across his chest.

The one who had carried me down here was tall and lean. He also had a muscular build. I scanned over his arms that bulged from the tight sleeves of his t-shirt. His head was facing the opposite direction of me, and I could only see his buzz cut. He had thick, dark black hair.

The other man was facing my direction. He was a couple inches shorter, and looked kind of frustrated. His beady eyes were set behind a pair of circular glasses. He was also a little on the chubby side. His stomach was pushed out over his jeans. Probably a beer belly.

I strained my ears as I heard the men continue to talk. They thought I was still unconscious.

"Tom, you know we can't keep her here forever. You know someone will eventually find us. She has too much family and friends that will worry about her," the chubby one spoke, as he rubbed the top of his sandy blond head.

"Well, we will need to get rid of her boyfriend first. He is the one who's always around her. They live with each other. Once he's out of the picture we should be find as long as we leave the state," Tom stated.

I felt tears threaten to spill over as they spoke about killing the people I loved. They brought it up like it was a everyday conversation. I took a deep breath and ignored my fears. I had to be strong. For Jake.

"How do you think we should get rid of him. Should we make it look like a accident or."

Tom cut the man off, "we will decide that later. We just have to make sure we do everything right. We cannot make any mistakes"

The chubby one nodded. He seemed to be thinking of all the possibilities they could take.

I closed my eyes as Tom turned and started walking in my direction. I forced my self not to flench as his fingers brushed through my matted hair.

"She will be out for the rest of the night. We should probably go ahead and try to get some rest. We will have a lot of work over the next few months," Tom stated loudly.

I listened to their feet as both men climbed back up the stair case.

"Sweet dreams," one of them called from the top. I was immediately engulfed in complete darkness as they switched the light off. I listened as the door clicked close.

I let out a long and shaky breath. I'm scared of the dark.

*JAKE'S POV* 

Tears felt my eyes as I heard the mans voice on the other side of the line. The phone call ended with a sudden beep.

I closed my eyes tightly as I slid the phone in my pocket. He was some sick creep, and I didn't want him anywhere near Kayla. But there was nothing I could do about it just yet.

"Did you talk to her? Is she okay," Betty questioned as she patted me on the back.

I shook my head side to side. "He's got her."

"Wh-wh-who," Betty stuttered as she frowned.

"I don't know," I shouted as I collided my fist against the picnic table. I was too upset to notice the pain.

"We have to contact the police. File a missing person report," Betty informed.

I groaned as I rubbed my fingers over my temples. "They won't do anything unless the person has been missing for at least twenty-four hours." I sighed as I looked back to Betty in frustration.

"Oh."

"There's nothing we can do yet. We will have to wait till tomorrow," I stated hopelessly.

Betty nodded as we both started walking to our parked vehicles. I walked beside Betty ignoring all of my surroundings. I didn't hear the sounds of the laughing children, wind from the rides, or blaring of the music. I was to worried to focus on anything that didn't have to deal with Kayla.

I felt arms embrace me as I reached my truck. "I'll be at your house first thing in the morning, Betty whispered as she squeezed me tighter.

I nodded and tried to force a smile, but my mouth still stayed frozen in the shape of a upside down 'U'.

I slammed the door as I hopped in. I turned the key starting the engine. I drove home in silence. Different thoughts were running all through my mind. Both positive and negative.