Tap, Tap Who's There?

I woke up with the smell of bacon and eggs drifting through my room. I looked at the clock that read 12P.M. Weird, I usually wake up way earlier.

I walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and hair. The person looking back at me through the mirror didn't look like me at all. My hair was all knotted up and looked like there had been a rat sleeping in it. Also my eyes were blood shot. Honestly, I looked like death. Probably from all the crying and worry I did the night before.

I trudged to the kitchen were jake was cooking breakfast. "Wow, you look... Great," Jake stated. I could hear the hint of sarcasm that lingered in his voice.

"You're hilarious," I said with the same amount of sarcasm as I rolled my eyes.

"Seriously Kay, you look like you haven't slept in three days. Why don't you go take a warm shower and maybe you'll feel better. Besides I still haven't started cooking our pancakes," Jake inforced.

"Okay mom," I replied as I turned and headed upstairs. He just laughed and went back to cooking.

I hopped into my hot, steamy shower. Man did it feel so good. Just letting the warm water run through my hair felt so relaxing. Before I knew it I heard a sort of tap ion the bathroom window.

I decided to ignore it as I turned the water off and stepped out of the shower. As I dried my wet body off, I heard the noise again. This time five soft taps on the glass. This made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. And sent a cold chill down my spine.

I wrapped the blue towel around my body and headed to the window. I counted to three and flung the curtain back, only to reveal a small black crow pecking on the other side of the glass. It flew away.

I let out a sigh of relief. Okay Kayla, did you seriously think it was going to be the man? He wouldn't show up in the middle of the day would he? I thought to myself. I seriously have to stop overreacting at the smallest of things.

I pulled my lady tigers basketball hoody over my wet head, and the sweatpants to match on as well. I combed through my dirty blonde hair. My hair had finally passed my shoulders. I always regretted cutting it that short.

As I walked out of the bathroom into my bedroom, I glanced at the clock. 12:45 P.M. Wow, I was in the shower for over half an hour. I hadn't realized; I guess because the water felt so relaxing.

"What took you so long grandma?", Jake questioned. He laughed at his own little joke.

"You're the one that told me to get in the shower, so quit complaining about it", I said in defense. He just casually shrugged his broad shoulders.

"The food is going to get cold if we don't hurry up and eat it," jake complained. That boy complained about everything.

I walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table. I was surrounded by food. There was bacon, sausage, eggs and pancakes. Chocolate chip pancakes at that. Yum. My stomach growled as I started to pile the food on my plate.

"I'm stuffed," I said as I patted my bloated stomach. To be so skinny I had no idea where I put all the food I ate at.

"Well what do you expect? You ate four freaking pancakes," Jake muttered.

"Would you rather me eat the food or just let it go to waste?!," I shot back. He ignored my awesome point. I swear sometimes we argue more than an old married couple.

"What do you want to do the rest of the day? Ya know to get the murder off your mind?," he questioned as we finished cleaning the kitchen. How stupid could he be? What a better way to get a murder off of my mind then to actually mention the murder! He really was ignorant; I decide to ignore that fact though.

"How about we go to the mall and buy some new clothes?," I asked. He just looked at me with a dumbfounded look on his adorable, tanned face. "I take that as a yes," I grinned. He just let out a loud sigh and continued to stare at me with his blue eyes.

I scruffed his hair up and said, "oh don't look at me like that. I won't take long.

"Fine, but if we take longer then two hours you have to buy me a milkshake," he winked. 

Darn. I frowned; I knew it would be longer than that, I had to look in every store.

"Whatever," I replied in defeat.

"We will drive my truck!," Jake yelled as he walked out the front door. I grabbed my purse and checked to see if my wallet was in it. I flung it over my right shoulder and made my way outdoors..