One, Two, Three

**KAYLA'S POV***

"Do you want to grab a bite to eat before, or do you want to get something at the fair?'"  Jake asked from the drivers side of the vehicle. I shrugged as i watched the traffic  zoom past. "I'll just eat at the fair." "Okay, they have the best pretzles" Jake nodded.

I watched as Jake reached for the volume nob. He turned it up to 20, making my ears throb. The music blared and the base beat throughout the small truck.

"Turn it down" I shouted over the song that was playing. It was 'Sexy and I Know It' by LMFAO. It was the most ignorant song I had ever heard, and the video was even worse. Jake turned to me and just grinned. I frowned.

I laughed as Jake took his hands from the steering wheel and started fist pumping. I shook my head, what a goon. "Come on Kayla, dance with me," he laughed. I shook my head. There was no way I was going to dance to this song.

He gave me a pouty face as I continued to sit still with my arms folded across my chest. He started singing awfully in unison with the voice on the radio. I rolled my eyes, he wasn't going to give up so easily. He continued to sing loudly, I seriously thought my ears were going to bleed.

"Alright, alright! I give up! You win!" I shouted. He smirked as he continued to fist bump furiously. "Well what are you waiting for? Dance" he demanded. I groaned, but just as I was getting ready to start dancing the song went off.

I laughed, "Oops." I watched as his smile faded to a frown. He turned and faced me but still kept his eyes on the road. "You little shit," he shouted. He then started laughing uncontrollably. I grinned.

We were finally greeted with a huge sign that read, 'Welcome to Seattle's Annual Fair' We pulled onto the fair ground, and was greeted with a thin woman. She was extremely pale and she looked like she needed to eat a bologna sandwich.

She forced a smile on her face as Jake rolled the window down. "How many are there,' she questioned with an extremely nasal voice, 'Two' was his reply. She scanned the truck to make sure we were not lying. "That will be twenty bucks then,' Jake took out his wallet and handed her two bills.

I looked at all of the flashing lights glowing through the night sky. I watched as little kids tugged on their mother's pants, pleading for them to stop talking. We finally found a place to park next to a beat up Volkswagon.

We hopped out of the Estine and started to walk. We were parked farther than I had thought. As we walked Jake slipped his fingers through mine. I couldn't help but grin. He hadn't exactly said that we were dating, but deep down I knew we were.

We released hands as we came upon the ticket booth. A fat lady with a tanktop that was revealing way too much skin, was seated in the booth. I was surprised that she could even squeeze in there. Jake handed her sixteen dollars. The armbands were eight dollars a piece. Ridiculous.

I put my hand through the opening first and she wrapped the band around my right arm. It was designed with mini ferris wheels. After Jake got his on we walked straight to the spaceship. It was Jake's favorite ride.

I stumbled off of the ride. I could barely even see straight. Jake laughed as I almost tripped over my own two feet. I turned to flash him a evil stare. He put his hands up in defense. "My bad."

"Do you want to walk around a little to let your stomach settle," Jake quuestioned as he intertwined his fingers with mine. "Sure, I guess."

Both of us walked around the gravel pathway that led all around the fair grounds. I watched as all the screaming kids ran to be the first one's in line for the rides. It was crowded, but surprisingly the lines were not ridiculously long.

"Hey! Whats up?" I heard a familiar voice shout. I watched as a tall guy approached Jake. Jake released my hand and shook the guys. I knew him from somewhere. I continued to concentrate on his face.

The man caught me staring and turned to smile back at me. "Whats up chick? Pound it" he muttered motioning for you to fist bump. I rolled my eyes. It finally came to me who he was; It was Michael Scotty from high-school. He was a jerk.

I stared blankly at his fist. He finally got the point and continued talking to Jake. "Hey, I'm going to get a bite to eat? Do you want me to bring you back anything?" "Nah, I'm fine. You go ahead" Jake stated as he turned back to face Michael.

I walked away in the direction of the food booth. I was starving; I hadn't eaten since breakfast. I suddenly heard an obnoxious whistle from the group Jake was standing at. I knew it was directed towards me so I simply stuck my middle finger in the air. I smirked as I continued walking.

I finally approached the food stand. The line was huge, much bigger than the one's for the rides. I groaned as I scanned the line. It would take at least ten minutes just to get my food, maybe even longer than that. I was going to have to go to the booth located up on the hill.

I walked inbetween the parked vehicles on the grass. There was literally thousands of people here. There was no telling how much income a place like this makes.

I continued to swerve inbetween vehicles as I walked up the steep hill. Why the crap did they ever think it was a good idea to put a food booth so far away from the fairgrounds? The only thing good about this was the fact that the food was cheaper; I now knew why.

"Hey mam? Do you mind helping me lift this sofa into the back of my truck," a man from behind me asked casually. I turned around slowly. The man had a cast on his right arm, making it nearly impossible to lift the couch.

I hesitated at first, but finally thought it would be the right thing to do. I gradually approached him and placed my hands underneath the couch. "Okay, on the count of three we lift. One, Two, Three" the man stated.

I lifted with all of my strength and finally the sofa left the ground. I watched as the furniture slipped from the mans hands and landed directly on his foot. He winced and jerked the sofa up releasing his foot.

"Are you okay," I asked with concern as I approached him. "Yeah, I'll be fine. The worst thing that will happen is it might be a little sore and bruised. The man raised his head up and looked directly into my eyes. His eyes.

Those eyes. His eyes. The memories all came rushing back to me now. I started to scream, but the guy covered my mouth with his hand.