Hysterical

JAKE'S P.O.V.

I searched desperately for any sign of Kayla. I walked quickly asking everyone if they had seen a tall skinny girl, with dirty blond hair. Everyone just looked at me like I was crazy, that description fit almost every woman at the fair.

I groaned as Betty suggested we sit down to take a break. We had been searching for at least two hours and still had no luck in finding her. I finally agreed and took a seat on the picnic table next to the swings.

I put my head in my hands in frustration. Why was I stupid enough to let her go anywhere by herself? I felt so guilty and helpless at the same time. Betty patted me on the back almost as if she had read my mind.

"It will be fine Jake. We will find her, I promise." Betty stated, but the expression on her face was telling me a different story.

"Well what if we don't," I snapped in anger. "It will be all my fault. I should of never left her side."

We both let out a sigh in unison. Where could she be?

I glanced down at my phone to see what time it was. How stupid could I be? I had my phone, I could just call Kayla my self. I shook my head, feeling extremely embarrassed at my stupidity.

I let my fingers punch the numbers on the screen. I picked the phone up and listened to it ring. I waited for awhile until i heard a voice.

KAYLA'S P.O.V.

I rolled on the ground as the van came to a halt. I tried to scream, but my voice only came out as a murmur. The tape over my mouth was almost smothering me. I could only breathe through my nose, which was kind of difficult. My breathing was rapid so I tried to become as calm as possible.

I suddenly felt a cold breeze as the door slip open. I immediately tried to squirm away the best I could without being able to use my arms. I failed as I felt two massive hands lock onto my ankles.

I screamed as the man pulled me across the floor. I tried to speak, "Please don't hurt me. I'll do anything." The man only ignored me as he grabbed me by the waist lifting me in the air.

I cried as I felt my body collide with his shoulder. I kicked my feet furiously, but nothing was working. I scanned the area quickly, trying to take in all of my surroundings. There was no neighbors or any signs of life in any direction.

There was a dark forest on all sides. I squinted my eyes trying to manage to see through the darkness. Nothing came into view. I could only make out the black shadows of trees.

I cried quietly to myself as I continued to be carried up what seemed like stairs. Every step made my chin bounce off of the man's lower back. I hadn't realized who the man was, but I had a pretty good feeling of who it could be.

I listened as a door creaked open. We entered the man's home. It didn't look like the place of a kidnapper, but what exactly did a kidnappers home look like? The place was spotless. The living room was like any other one you would see. There was the two matching couches, and the coffee table in the middle of the floor.

My breath was still shaky from my cries. I continued to beg the man to put me down and let me go, but the begging was useless. I slowly watched as he creeped down the stair-well. Where was we going and what did he want from me?

I was surprised of how strong the man was. He had carried me all the way up stairs and downstairs. It took a lot of power to carry a 120 pound woman on your back for that long of a time.

I groaned as the man entered into a extremely white room. I was blinded for a few seconds until my eyes adjusted to the bright light. Everything was white, the floor, the walls, and the ceiling. The room also smelt strongly of cleaning products. It was spotless.

I was surprised when the man set me on the cold floor. I started to move but immediately stopped. "Don't move or I will cut your throat," the man growled. I obeyed.

I watched as the man silently took a single key from his pocket. I tried to see his face, but he always faced the opposite of me. He slowly walked to a huge still door. He took the key and put it in the dead bolt.

The door opened, but I couldn't see what was in the opening. I started to try and get a better look, but stopped myself. I was afraid of the consequences that would come if he caught me.

I listened as I heard the man move around a few items. All of a sudden I heard one faint clicking sound of a button being pushed. Immediately after the noise the floor opened.

I watched with astonishment as a single chair arose from the opening. The floor immediately closed back up when the chair was in full view. The chair was grey and had both leg and arm locks. It suddenly occurred to me that it probably was not the first time the man had took part in a kidnapping.

I glanced back up at the man as he locked the door back. He finally faced me. My mouth gaped open in shock. It was the man from the diner. I knew he was a creep.

I froze as the man's hand wrapped around my wrists that were tied behind my back. I let out a yelp as he grabbed me by the hair lifting me off of the floor. He immediately pushed me into the steel chair.

I let the tears escape my eyes as he locked my feet in the chains. There was no possible way I could escape. Surprisingly the guy didn't bother putting my arms in the chains. They remained tied with duct-tape.

"Don't male this harder than it needs to be," the man stated with no emotion as he turned to go up the steps.

I waited for the sound of the door shutting above. I let the tears run down my face uncontrollably. Jake was probably worried sick about me. I should of just ignored my stomach for once in my life. That is what got me into this mess in the first place.

I let my eyes search my surroundings. There was two other doors besides the one the man had entered before. I wonder what or where they led to.

My arms ached from the position they were in. I fidgeted my hands around trying to loosen the duct-tape. After many failed attempts I finally felt the tape slide off of one of my wrists. I took my left hand and freed my other hand.

I sighed in relief as I placed my hands in my lap. I immediately reached for my phone in my pocket. As soon as I started to dial Jake's number his name popped up on my scream.

Incoming call from Jake. I answered it quickly. I heard his raspy voice on the other end, "Kayla where are you!"

I smiled uncontrollably at the sound of his voice. "Jake I don't know, but I don't want to be here. He has me strapped to a chair and I can't get free!"

"Okay, okay calm down. Can you at least describe where or what house you are at," Jake pleaded.

I let out a long sigh. I heard the sound of footsteps coming back down the stairs. "I don't know Jake! All I could see was trees. There was no neighbors or anything. I am scared."

My eyes widened as I seen the man. I shouted into the phone hysterically. I told Jake to call the police, I also shouted the kidnappers appearance hoping that would somehow help. Before I finished the man yanked the phone from my hand.

"If you call the police I swear you will never see your precious Kayla again." The man slung the phone into the opposite wall, causing it to shatter it in a million pieces.

"I told you to be a good girl," the man stated with no sympathy. He revealed a long needle from behind his back. I shouted hysterically as the man came closer. "Please don't. Please, I'm begging you.

The man grinned as the needle pierced my skin. I shrieked in fear as it punctured my pale skin. The last thing I saw was the man staring at me with a evil smile. Everything went black.