Chapter Fifteen - Don't Let Go

Sam and Samkiel stopped outside of a door that lurked at the absolute end of the hallway. He turned and looked her over silently. Samkiel took a deep breath and peered up at Sam. Both of them were straight faced and a little pale. But overall, a calmness came about both of them. And Sam did something that he never thought he would do. He squeezed Samkiel's hand and rubbed his thumb across hers softly.

An innocent smile crossed her lips before she turned back to the door and held up her hand to knock. Sam watched a shake in her wrist before she clenched it and knocked with a velocity that made him jump. When footsteps were heard behind the door, Samkiel let go of Sam's hand and they both stood stagnant. A coldness haunted his hand.

The door peeled open and black eyes looked out. "Who are you?"

Without even a second to go by, Samkiel lifted her foot and kicked the door with a might Sam was unprepared for. The door flew off the hinges and went flying back into the room with the demon still pressed to the other side. Inside, a few demons were standing shirtless in a circle. That is when Sam's eyes fell on a young sobbing woman who was clutching a sheet. She was cowering on the wooden floor in the middle of this circle. Chalk symbols outlined her. 

"Well, isnt this just peachy." Samkiel snickered as she walked ahead of Sam into the room. She was almost frightening. 

A muscular demon took a step forward and held his hand up toward her. He started to mumble something under his breath, but before he could finish, his eyes closed and he growled angrily. Flames soon engulfed him and he was gone without a single trace. The demons around him began to whisper and scatter. But Samkiel managed to grasp each one at a time and burn them. Sam stood at the door with his mouth open. He had never felt like he was wathcing something so wrong and violent before. Expecially from this woman who moments before was holding his hand.

"Where is Alexandr?" Her voice boomed loudly into the room.

That is when Sam came back to feeling his body and began to jump into the action. He ran past the squirming demons and managed to kneel on the floor in front of the broken sobbing woman. He wrapped his frame around her shoulders and lifted her off the cold ground. But just as he did, he felt a searing pain in his shoulder. She had bitten him. He pulled back only to see fiery black eyes glaring at him. The woman was a demon. And Sam felt the embarrassment of realizing that Samkiel was right about earlier. Humans would always want to believe something else was a human.

He shoved the woman to the ground and took a step back. He felt the warm flow of his own blood soak into Dean's shirt. Before he turned, he saw as the woman shrieked and burned before him. The heat od her body brought no comfort to Sam.

"Samkiel." A deep roaring voice coarsed into the room from a far end.

Sam turned just in time to see Samkiel standing a few feet from a mysterious man. He had jet black hair rolled into a tight ponytail. His face was marvel white and flawless in every sense. He reminded Sam of a vampire from an Anne Rice movie. The one Antonio Banderaz played.

"Al, what have you been up to? I hear you are speaking with Lucifer." Samkiel relazed her body to Sam's dismay. It was like she was comfortable around this man. And Sam was still shaking inside.

"Sammy... Oh Sammy. Why dont you come to this side? Enjoy paradise along with your brothers and sisters?" Alexandr took a step to the right and his eyes finally fell on Sam.

Every fiber in Sam's body grew cold. But his first instinct was to keep Samkiel safe. So, without trying to make noise, Sam side stepped toward Samkiel. His eyes never leaving this horrifying demon.

"I came here, to kill you, Alexandr. Nothing more, nothing less. So why dont you just take it like a man." Her voice rose until a sublte wind began to rise in the room. Her hands clenched into fists and Sam felt a vibration in the floor.