Chapter Thirteen - Dean in Heaven Part 1

"This is it?" Dean asked into the void of silence, just moments after Gabriel abandoned him in this so called paradise.

But all he could see was a small cottage tucked away ahead of him in a serene forest. He figured it was some type of safe house for angels. Gabriel wouldn't have dropped him off here if he didn't want him to go to this cottage thing. It didn't even look extravagant. It looked beaten down and dilapidated.

But he grasped his bag firmly in his hand and walked as nobly as he could up to the door. Nerves coursed through him. He didn't know what to expect behind that wooden door, but he knew that to protect everyone, he had to enter.

Before he could lift his hand to knock, he heard a bolt unlock. Dean shifted uncomfortably as the door creaked back and two eyes met his. He dropped his bag and felt a wave of pure joy sweep over his entire body.

"Dean?" The woman's voice ventured out the door. "Is it really you?" He could see her lips curl into a soft smile.

"Jo... It's me." Dean pressed his hand out to the door allowing him to see her full on.

She still looked as young and innocent as she had the last time he had seen her. Although now, she was healthy and glowing. There was no bites on her or bomb strapped to her torso. She stood in her favorite plaid shirt looking like an angel herself.

Dean wasted no time as he took a step into the cabin and wrapped his arms around her. She let out a soft chuckle and hugged him back. He never thought he would see her again, the younger sister he always wanted. Her death had shook him and pulled some parts of him away he was never able to regain. But to have her in his arms, safe and sound, Dean felt at peace.

Part 2

"To the cabin. Like THE cabin?" Cas asked as he paced outside of where a major demon convention would be happening an hour or two in the future.

Gabriel nodded and picked at under his nails. "Yeah. That way, someone he once loved will be there to distract him. I think it was one of his hunter buddies. Whoever it is, will give him some solace in the storms of his heart. You should thank me, maybe now he will be more comfortable with his sexuality."

"Shut up, Gabriel. Dean is fine with his sexuality. He told me so." Cas stood upright and remembered what Dean had said about no matter what gender or species, he only wanted to be with him.

"That was after you two got down and dirty. Men will say anything." Gabriel chuckled with a short snort.

"If you say one more thing about my relationship with Dean Winchester, I will tear your vessel to pieces and send you to purgatory myself."

"Calm down, brother, no matter what I say will change how you know he feels about you. Let's just get this meeting on the way, crack down on some demons, send them all back to hell, and you two love birds can get married and raise little half angel half hunter babies." Gabriel walked up and set his hand on Cas' shoulder. "It will all work out, Cassie."

A sudden doubt breached Cas, but he shot it down with a deep breath and the image of Dean's goofy smile. He knew that this would all be okay, somewhere deep inside his being he knew he would see Dean again. And even if they dont have the life Gabriel described, as long as he was with Dean, he would be happy.

Part 3

"Have a seat." Jo instructed Dean as they closed the door to the outside world and snuggled in to this inviting cabin. She took his bag from his hand and dropped it on a chair by the door. He watched her every move, still astonished he was standing here with her.

"Jo, this is heaven." It suddenly came to him. He had thought she was in hell all those years. Becuase she killed herself in the act to protect them. But suicide landed you in hell's gates.