Chapter 28

Lydia

She knew Stiles wasn't dead, but his body wasn't inhabited. This scared Lydia. She knew all kinds of things could happen if a body didn't have a soul in it. She need to find Stiles and there was only one way she could.

"Give the Nebaton control." Deaton said plainly.

"I know," Lydia snapped. The stress had been rising in her sense he found out both her brother and her nephew were missing. The feeling razed her from the ground up, slowly shredding the very control and confidence she needed tiger them back. "But to do that, I have to die, for at least a minute." She mumbled as she thought of how she could manage this feet.

"It won't let you die perpetually." Deaton began to fill a tub with ice, water and petal that look like Ty were from the Nebaton. "It's already proven that you are too valuable to let die. Trust it."

"Alright, but how?" She snapped again. She felt horrible for doing it, but she was just so overwhelmed these last couple days she just couldn't help herself.

"Just get in the tub." Deaton said calmly. "You'll understand then."

"So I just get in?" She asked perplexed as she stripped down to her bra and underwear.

"Just get it." Deaton replied.

She stepped in to the freezing water. Her entire body vibrated with the cold sensation. She slid down into the water gasping and squealing as water rushed over her body claiming her in its icy tomb. Deaton rolled up his sleeves and pushed her head under the water.

At first everything was calm. She sat in the freezing cold water waiting for the icy water claim her with it temperature. What she didn't expect was that Deaton wouldn't let we back up. She fought violently against his hold. Her lungs get like they were going to explode. Her body hit a fire that consumed her, causing the fight to intensify. She craved the sharp taste if cold air so desperately that it consumed her every thought. The all at once it was peaceful. She stopped fight and let it over take her. Her body went limp in the his hands and he let her go. She didn't float back up like anyone else would. She sat at the bottom of the frozen tub, eyes piercing the ceiling above her.