Chapter 21

Derek

"You said he'd come looking for his mate by now!" Derek barely made out from the fuzz in his ears.

"What are they talking about?" Derek mumbled to himself.

The fuzz was pulled out of his ears, "Look who's awake!" It was a nasty voice. Nails on a chalk board sounded more pleasant than this. His eyes fluttered open and a male nurse stood at the foot of his bed. Derek began to struggle to get up, restraints taught back at him. The more he fought the more it burned. The straps gashed up his skin, and burned away his wounds.

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Mountain Ash." The nurse in front of him laughed hysterically. "The more you fight. The more it will burn." The nurse laughed again hysterically. His eyes bulged from his head slightly. His mouth was just a little too big. His skin shined in the light because it was pale green and covered in a thin layer of sweat. His amphibian appearance made Derek want to puke. He remembered the stories of Golems, but never thought they were real. Just the idea of a creature made of frogs gave Derek the creeps.

"A golem, huh?" Derek tried to sound confident. The nurse was plain all around. He had light brown hair and dark brown eyes; he was of average height and weight. He was meant to be inconspicuous.

"You know nothing!" The golem screamed. Realizing he lost control he recomposed himself. "The doctor will be in shortly." The golem attempted a monotone sound. He failed miserably.

Just as the golem left, a doctor walked into the little grey room. "Hello," The doctor offered politely. "I am Dr. Cambell. I'll be your psychologist few the next few days. Have any questions?" She smiled her blonde hair flowed down to waist in a wavy pattern that reminded Derek of a river.

"Just one," Derek offered. Hoping she'd take the bait.

"And that is?" She replied with a smile.

"What exactly are you? You're friend is a golem. So are you a druid? Durach?" Derek accused.

Anger flared in her eyes,"How dare you call me a druid! I am nothing so filthy!" She exclaimed furiously.

"Her name is Carman." A nurse answered from the door way. Her brown hair sat on her shoulder, and the look she gave Derek made him feel really awkward.

"And how did you know that?" Carman snapped her head around to look at the nurse in the doorway. Fury replaced her being. "How did you get in here?" Carman shrieked.

"When you're sneaky like a wolf there aren't many places that can keep me out." She smiled as ran from the room.

"Get her!" Carman shrieked. "And As for you," She looked to Derek. "I thought your mate would come and find you by now."

"What do you want with Stiles?" Derek howled.

"I want to study him." She started to pace the room. "You see, your precious mate has a rare condition. Something of a phenomenon, even in the world of werewolves."

Derek started to freak out. "What do you mean?" Derek shouted.

"Oh and Lydia," She made a tsking noise and shook her head. "Poor Lydia doesn't even know she did something wrong. Alas, she still needs to be punished for her transgressions. What happens next is waiting game. Lets see how this plays out, shall we?" Carman's eyes glinted in the light as she left the room locking the iron door behind her.