Chapter 14

Derek

He sped through the forestry desperately trying to get to the Nebaton. A fog wrapped itself around the trees. It breathed with an almost life like quality. Then he heard it, as if by some supernatural occurrence, her scream pierced the air around him causing the forest to fall quiet in obedience. The fog still creeped to attention, as if taking orders to engulf the the alpha.

"What is that smell?" Derek said under his breath. He concentrated on just the smell for a minute. Dirt crawled through his nostril; strawberries danced in front of his face. Death attacked his sinuses, inflicting recognition deep in his mind.

Lydia.

"Lydia!" Derek howled. His eyes tried to adjust to density of the fog, but for some reason every time he focused his eyes a searing pain wrought itself through him. "Lydia!" He growled.

Footsteps sounded behind him. He snapped around. "Your senses betray you." A voiced murmured melodically. Derek snapped back around seeing Lydia.

She was naked, he could tell, but he couldn't see her nakedness. The fog wrapped around as if to protect her from the repulsion that is the world. Her hair floated as if weightless, forming a striking red mane. Her eyes stared off in the distance without focus.

"Calm down, young alpha." She warned Derek. "You will not find him if your mind is filled with a panicked fog, and if you don't find him soon, you might never see him again." Her eyes started to focus again and she collapsed.

Derek shook her awake,"Lydia. Wake up, Lydia." Her eyes shot open.

She stared on into space, her eyes revealed the cogs shifting in her mind. He mouth opened and blood-curtailing scream erupted from the space. The forest again went silent. The fog retreated; it even shook in trepidation. This proved to Derek it wasn't a normal fog.

"I have to find Stiles." Derek told Lydia."I'm gonna leave you here. Don't die, ok?"

"Didn't plan on it." Lydia retorted sarcastically.

Derek ran off letting his instinct take over. Next thing he new, he was standing in the middle of a clearing. A tree reached toward the ground forming a woodland cave. In the cave two ice blue eyes stared back at him.