Chapter 26

Derek

He was kind if shocked at the story. The birth of werewolves and the replacement as these patrons. Who would be Lupa's patron? Would it be him? Stiles? Cora maybe?

While Derek was in the midst of his thoughts Stiles snapped up and shot to their bedroom. Before Derek could make it even to the stairs an animalistic howl erupted from the their bedroom. Just the sound ripped out Derek's heart and he knew. Derek knew from just the sound that their baby was gone. His world tipped upside down and his soul began to unravel. His son was gone.

A howl ripped from his body. The sound caused everyone else in the room keel over in pain, everyone but Lupa. She began to cry hysterically. Stiles ran down the stares and into Derek's arms. His eyes seeped water and the panic was palpable in the air. He began a fit of panic, wailing on Derek, crying so loudly that that the stairs shook. All Derek could manage to do was pull Stiles close to him.

Whispering words of reassurance,"We are going to find him." Tears streamed down Derek's face. "We will find him."

------------------------------------------------------

"He's such a beautiful boy." The smoke brooded.

"And why does that upset you?" The female voice replied irritably.

"Because unlike you, I am only about tricks and fun." The smoke started to materialize into a person. It formed his legs, toned an fit. It worked the curve of his muscles and the flawless, deviant smile. It formed the mischievous glint in his. "I don't play with death idly." He flipped his pitch black hair out of his face. "Why do you think I am what I am? Death comes knocking I run for the hills."