Chapter Ten

This is dedicated to madeleineyunke for being such a big fan of this book. Thank you for reading this story and I'm glad you like it :)

I tapped my foot against the floor in Peter's bed room. Any day now, Pete. The door creaked open, causing me to look over and raise an eyebrow.

"Again, you gotta open it a certain way." he shrugged slightly.

"What's going on with you?" I bluntly asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You've been acting really weird. You leave whenever you hear police sirens. You disappeared when that giant lizard attacked." I frowned, "Where do you go?"

"I don't know what you're talking about, Ali." he chuckled slightly, "Those are just coincidences."

"Sure." I sighed, "I came up here this summer to help you get over your uncles death and all you've been doing is vanishing into thin air. How can I help you when you're never around?"

"I don't need any help." he stated, his voice getting slightly louder, "I'm handling his death perfectly fine."

"Are you?"

"Yes. I am." he glared.

"I don't think you are." I stated, walking up to him, "I know the killer is still out there. Is that where you go? Looking for your uncles killer? Peter, there's tons of men that fit that description of that one man."

"Doesn't hurt to keep looking, now does it? That man murdered my uncle and I'm going to get him off the streets." he practically yelled.

"You're just a teenager, Pete. You're not the strongest guy, nor can you fight. I remember that Eugene kid from kindergarten would always pick on you and you would never do anything about it. I'm on your Facebook, Peter. You never stick up for yourself. How do you expect to get a murderer off the street?" I asked, merely inches away from his face.

"I just can." he stated in a low voice before moving away from me, "There's some things you don't know, Allison. Things you don't need to know."

"Yes I do."

"You may be my best friend, but I have things I need to keep to myself." he said before gently pushing me out of his room, "Just leave me alone for a while."

"You've been alone long enough." I said before he shut his door.

I sighed loudly and shook my head. Maybe being here for three weeks is long enough. I've tried to help him, but he won't let me. If he's not going to talk to me about anything, I should just go on back home. I heard a loud crash come from Peter's room, causing me to place my hand on the doorknob. I quickly stopped myself and backed away from the door. He don't need my help with anything.
*~*~*~*~

"Why do you want to leave?" Aunt May asked, looking over at me as I flipped through the same book I've been reading nonstop.

"Peter has made it pretty clear that he don't need any help." I said, looking over at her, "If he's not going to talk to me, why should I stay here?"

"Because he enjoys your presence. He's so happy you're here, Ali."

"He doesn't act like it." I sighed, standing up, "I don't know how I would get home, anyway. My car is at the bottom of a river."

She chuckled slightly and patted my shoulder gently, "Go talk to him again. Sometimes, he just needs time to cool off."

I nodded slightly and started making my way upstairs again. I let out a breath as I stopped in front of his door, place my hand on the doorknob before gently pushing it open. Glancing up at Peter, I gasped at what I saw.
*~*~*~*~

Cliffhanger xD

Don't kill me :) hehe