Chapter Two

I tapped my fingers against the steering wheel along with the music. I was currectly stuck on a bridge in the middle of New York, impatiently waiting to arrive at May's house. I sat back against the seat, running a hand through my blonde hair. This traffic needs to go. I picked up my phone, finally deciding I should call her and let her know I may be later than I thought. As I began to dial the number, a loud crash and screams could be heard from behind me. I raised an eyebrow and put my car in park, quickly turning around to see what was happening. My eyes widened at what I was seeing; a giant lizard like creature was pushing and throwing cars as it moved down the bridge.

I gasped loudly and quickly got out of my car as it got nearer, running the direction everyone else was going. I made sure I grabbed my purse, which contained my money and phone charger..and other important items. I made sure I put my phone in my pocket as I was running, glancing behind me to see something red and blue swing in and hit the lizard. I raised an eyebrow, but ignored it, continuing to run down the bridge until I was to safety. I sighed in relief and leaned against a light post, breathing heavily. May could have warned me there would be giant lizards running around.. I shook my head and stopped a cab, jumping into the back and quickly telling the man driving the address.

I went ahead and got a few dollars out to pay him, watching the buildings pass pay slowly. I bit my bottom lip. It's been so many years since I've been here.. I smiled slightly when the familiar house came into view. I tossed the money to the man before quickly jumping out of the taxi and throwing my purse over my shoulder and running up to the door. I knocked and looked through the glass door, watching aunt May quickly making her way to the door. I smiled at her, being pulled into a hug as soon as she opened the door.

"It's so good to see you." she smiled brightly, pulling me into the house, "Peter isn't here right now. I don't really know where he went." she shrugged slightly, "Where are all your things?"

"Back in my car that's probably in the river now." I chuckled slightly, "There was this giant lizard.." I mumbled, cutting off and shrugged, "I don't know. It's okay, though, I can buy more things."

She nodded and led me into the living room, "Rest up, I'm sure you're tired from driving all this time."

I took a seat and laid my head back on the couch, sighing quietly. Aunt May walked into the kitchen quietly as I closed my eyes. Some sleep would be nice..
*~*~*~*~

I opened my eyes slowly, seeing I was now laying on the couch with a blanket over me. I sighed and sat up, glancing at the clock on the wall. 11 at night. I stood up, hearing voices in the kitchen.

"What happened to your face, Peter?" I heard aunt May ask.

I raised an eyebrow and quietly walk to the door way of the kitchen, looking at the guy with brown shaggy-ish hair, bruises covering his face.

"Nothing, aunt May. Please, please go to sleep."

She sighed and shook her head, glancing over at me, "Peter, someone is here to see you."

He raised an eyebrow and turned towards me, raising an eyebrow when he saw me, "Who are you?"

I chuckled slightly, "That's not a way to treat your best friend from when you were little." I stated, crossing my arms.

He blinked then slowly stepped over to me, "Allison?"

"Hi, Peter." I smiled.

He smiled back and hugged me tightly,"It's so good to see you again." he mumbled, pulling away.

I smiled and nodded, "You too. It's been forever."

"Nah. Just 12 or so years." he shrugged.

I chuckled and hit his chest slightly, seeing him flinch when I done so. I raised an eyebrow and looked at aunt May, "I'm going to take Peter up to his room, hang out with him some. We'll see you in the morning."

"Okay, goodnight, you two." she stated, going to her own room.

I sighed quietly and grabbed Peter's hand, leading him up the stairs and pulling him into his room, "What happened? You're not in a gang or anything, right?"

"What?" he chuckled, "No. Far from it."

"Then what happened?"

"Nothing. Don't worry about it, Ali."

I sighed and sat down on his bed, "I haven't seen you in 12 years and we're talking like we see each other everyday."

"I guess that's what happens when old friends meet up again." he shrugged, sitting down beside of me.

Hope you liked it!

Vote,Comment,&Follow!♥