Chapter seventeen

"What?" Ginny asked Hermione, who was still scowling.

"Sometimes you can be so clueless, Ginny." She replied. Ginny chose to ignore her, she wasn't in the mood for one of Hermione's lectures. She put some food on her plate and talked to Harry, before going up to the common room. Once in there, she got out some homework. She had no clue what to do for it.

"Um, Hermione?" Ginny asked, knowing it was no use.

"No Ginny  I will not help you with your homework, sometimes you sound so much like your brother."

"Does that mean you'll get a crush on me in a couple of years?" Ginny teased. Hermione glared at her, picked up her books and went up the stairs to the girl's dormitory.

"Uh oh, looks like someone's pushed her a bit to far today." Seamus said, laughing.

"She was really annoyed with me already and I have no idea why." Ginny frowned.

"Hermione's always annoyed at people Ginny, don't worry about it." Harry said.

Ginny sighed and put away her books, "I guess I'll just try again with her tomorrow, I'm going to bed, night." She kissed Harry on the cheek and went up to bed.

That night she dreamt of Draco. It wasn't an enjoyable dream. It was a dream where she had a choice. The choice was either the friends she had all her life or Draco. In the dream, Draco had been on the floor, his face in his knees. When he looked up he was crying. Crying like he'd never cried before. It wasn't wimpy crying either, it was crying like he was literally in pain, like the cruciatus curse was on him. On the other hand, his family and friends wouldn't let Ginny join them until she told Draco to leave her alone, they looked at her the way her brothers looked at Percy. Like she didn't belong, like she would never belong. This hurt just as much as seeing Draco crying. She finally awoke when Ginny began to break down in the dream, because she couldn't choose between this boy in pain, or her scolding family.

"Are you alright Ginny?" Marie asked, she was standing by Ginny's bed.

"Nightmare." Ginny said, breathing heavily, "Sorry. What time is it?"

"Early, but late enough to get up." Marie replied. Ginny slowly got dressed and went down into the common room, Hermione was sitting there reading.

"What are you doing?" Ginny asked.

"Waiting for Ron and Harry." Hermione said, without looking up.

"Look Hermione, I'm sorry about getting on your nerves yesterday, but what were you on about?"

"Ginny, Draco had no idea that you were going out with Harry again." She said, closing her book.

"So?"

"So, don't you think it was a bit of a shock for him when he kissed you full of the lips right in front of him?" Hermione asked her, rolling her eyes as if it were obvious.

"Oh." Ginny said. She looked at her. "You wouldn't ever make me 'choose sides' would you?" Hermione instantly knew something was up.

"What happened?" She asked.

"I had a horrible dream last night. Draco was crying, like he was in pain, terrible pain. And you, all my friends, all my family were refusing to let me join you. You were all looking at me like I didn't belong with you, like I was some kind of new species or something. Both of these things hurt equally, but I had to choose one. If I chose family and friends, I would be accepted, but Draco would continue to hurt and cry. If I chose Draco, he would stop but I would never be accepted. It was awful, Hermione." Ginny said, remembering the horrible dream made her voice break.