Chapter one.

Ginny Weasley was in her fifth year, and she was dating a handsome boy with scruffy black hair who was in the sixth year. His name was Harry Potter.

Ginny had lived an unusual life so far for a teenage girl. Her older brother, Ronald Weasley was her boyfriends best friend. Harry potter was a famous wizard, who had survived a killing curse at just the age of one, even though the killing curse killed both his parents.

They were both highly trained wizards.

The same man who killed both of his parents, now wanted to kill Harry as well. Harry and Ginny's brother had been on many dangerous adventures involving this terrifying man. This man's name was Lord Voldemort.

"Don't worry about this year Ginny, really you're very clever. You'll pass every exam." Harry Potter's other best friend, Hermione Granger, was one of Ginny's closest friends as well. "Thank you Hermione," Ginny said with a warm smile.

"See you later Ginny," Harry said, kissing her on the cheek, following Ron and Hermione to his first class. Ginny smiled and turned around, walking in the other direction. The butterflies Ginny had first felt when she had met Harry Potter were still there, they would always be there. As she hurried along the corridor thinking about her next class she bumped into someone.

"Oh sorry, i was distracted, I..." she began, but looked up and realised who it was.

"Watch it Weasley," the horrible Draco Malfoy grunted at her.

"Maybe you should as well." Ginny said angrily.

"Will do," Draco rolled his eyes, walking off. He was distracted, he wasn't in the mood for a full on argument. Draco had just been thinking of a way to break up with his on/off girlfriend, Pansy Parkinson. It was true, Draco did occasionally find it very amusing to hurt people's feeling, but Pansy was his friend and he wouldn't find it funny if she was upset.

Pansy had become too clingy, Draco no longer had feelings for her. He considered her a friend, that's all. He didn't want to kiss her anymore, or hold her hand constantly, or have her follow him everywhere. He needed freedom.

As he made his way into potions, he took his usual seat next to Goyle. As he was getting out his book, Pansy came in. He sighed.

Pansy was pretty, in her own way. She had long black hair, dark brown eyes and a slim body. She also had a very nice complexion. But, she did seem to have a sort of angry pug look about her occasionally. "Hey Draco," Pansy said sitting down next to him, reaching forwards to take his hand.

Draco moved it under his desk. "Is something wrong?" Pansy asked, looking very worried.

He shook his head and tried to pay attention to the potion they were supposed to be making. Suddenly he heard loud laughing from the other side of the classroom. There was the dreadful Harry Potter and co. "Excuse me professor, but could you tell the class clowns to quieten down, some people are trying to get on with their work," Draco smirked, Harry Potter was awful, he could never resist getting him in trouble. "Ah yes, thank you Mr. Malfoy, five points from Gryffindor," Said the greasy haired Snape. Draco grinned as the Gryffindors groaned.

Meanwhile, Ginny was wondering why Draco had been so distracted when she bumped into him. Usually he would say something that would seriously offend her. Ginny wasn't like the others, possibly because now she was such great friends with Luna Lovegood, she noticed many things others didn't. Others may have just thought Draco was too tired, but Ginny realised something was wrong.

Why was this bothering her?

She didn't care about Malfoy, he was an absolute git. She settled on the fact that she didn't know why he was distracted. Yes, she liked to know things, she didn't enjoy others knowing things she didn't. She had experienced this many times when Harry, Ron and Hermione had gone off on adventures, or planned things and refused to tell her what they were doing. It scared her when they did this.

"Miss Weasley?" She looked up. Professor Flitwick was looking at her. "Are you paying attention?"

"Sorry, Professor," she mumbled to herself. She went back to concentrating on what he was saying.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! :) I promise the good bits will come soon. Please comment and vote etc. Means a lot.

Just so you know, this will not be based on what happens to Harry in the original books whilst Harry is in his sixth year. For example, it is not Professor Slughorn who is teaching potions.

Always, Izzy <3