Chapter three.

"Harry!" Ginny called down the corridor, some time later "Harry!"

Harry turned around and walked towards Ginny, "Hey Gin," He smiled.

"Are we going to have Quidditch practise soon?" Ginny asked him.

"Oh yeah, um I will probably hold one tomorrow.... why?" He looked confused. Ginny scowled, practise used to be important to him.

"Draco Malfoy came and warned me his team were a lot better than they used to be. I asked around, they've been practising everyday."

"Oh, Okay, don't worry we will definitely have one tomorrow," He smiled, gave Ginny's hand a quick squeeze and hurried after Dean and Seamus.

"Bye then," Ginny mumbled to herself. Harry was distracted again, and Ron hadn't been seen around for a few days. Something was going on again. She sighed and walked up the marble stairs towards the fat lady painting. "flibbertigibbet" she said clearly. 

"I'm sure you're not, dear" The fat lady grinned. Ginny rolled her eyes, she had no idea what this painting was talking about half the time. She walked up to the notice board, grabbed a scrap piece of paper and scribbled

First Quidditch practise tomorrow

7.30

meet in the changing rooms to talk strategy first, then practise. We must be ready for a tough match.

If Harry wasn't going to take the responsibility of getting the team on their feet again, she would. She looked around and saw her brothers, Ron, Fred and George, all sitting together. She made her way towards them and sat at their feet. "Haven't seen you three around for a few days, what's up?" She asked, suspicious.

"Well little ron here has decided we're his new friends ever since him and Harry got into an arguement." George said, sighing.

"About what?" Ginny was offended, neither Harry or Ron had told her about this.

"About you, actually," Fred said, Ron punched him.

"You were arguing about me? Why?"

"Ron here told Harry that you two kissed in public too much, which we kind of agree with, but we aren't complaining," George said quickly.

"We do not!" Ginny shouted, "We haven't even kissed for days! You always do this Ron! I can't believe you didn't tell me!"

"Harry didn't tell you about it? Huh. Some boyfriend," Ron mumbled.

"How dare you Ronald!" She pushed him off his chair and ran up the stairs, shouting behind her "You better be at Quidditch practise tomorrow!" 

The next day passed with her only talking to her best friend, Luna. She smiled slightly at Hermione, but avoided her. Fred and George had followed her around for a while, but she ignored them. Ron ignored her, as she ignored him. As for Harry, she was very annoyed with him. She turned the other way whenever she saw him. But she couldn't ignore them forever, she had Quidditch.

She changed into her dark red Quidditch robes and sat in the changing rooms, next to seventh year Angelina. "You alright Ginny?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm alright." She mumbled. She went red as Harry came in, what was he thinking? She had been avoiding him all day.

Harry began to talk about tactics, and he did seem like his old self. He ignored both Ginny and Ron until he mentioned the Slytherins.

"Yesterday, Draco Malfoy warned Ginny here that their team is a lot better than they were last year. And they were good last year. At first I thought he must have been bluffing, trying to scare Ginny. But he was not. I watched their practise yesterday, they are pretty amazing. But the thing is, we are better. We have always been better. We have three fantastic chasers, Katie, Angelina and Ginny. Some bloody brilliant beaters, Fred and George. And a great keeper, Ron." He hesitated at the keeper bit, but Ron was good. He wouldn't be so horrible to leave him out, just because they were fighting. "And, well, I think i'm pretty good as well." He grinned at them.

They all trekked out onto the field and began practise. The quaffle was Ginny's main concern, and she was doing well. So well that she got past Ron nearly every time. She got past him again, and flew around the pitch laughing. She was even better than her brother at the moment. But the smile left her face as she saw Harry and Ron in a full on argument.

"You've let so many quaffles in! Ginny is great, yeah, but we need a good keeper as well!" Harry yelled.

"Yeah well, you haven't exactly sighted the snitch yet have you?!" Ron shouted back, "I think we'd all appreciate it if you stopped getting distracted and gaping at my sister!" Ginny scowled and flew in between them, breaking them up. "Shut up! Both of you! We'll never beat Slytherin this way! Just make friends already!" She flew off to the other end of the pitch, blinking back the few tears that were beginning to sting her eyes. She looked down and saw Draco Malfoy, watching by himself. He was watching her, solemnly. She stared at him for a while, then focused back on the match. Ron improved, she didn't.

Draco was grinning as Ginny zoomed in the middle of Potter and Weasley. This was great, their team had been arguing. Slytherin had a better chance. But, Ginny was amazing.

He had been grinning because he had recognised her flying tatics. She flew like him. She was constantly squinting, leaning down on her broom. She didn't turn her broom often, just her head. This left her in more control. She was fast, but her broom didn't suit her style, he could tell she wished it went faster.

But as Ginny shouted something at the two boys, he stopped grinning, she looked on the bridge of tears. She turned and flew off, blinking back tears. He couldn't push back this feeling of wanting to comfort her. She looked down and made eye contact with him. They stared at each other for a long time, trying to figure each other out, then Ginny snapped back into reality and began playing again. Draco watched Potter for a few more minutes, then sighed as he caught the snitch. He stood up and made his way back across the grounds. He looked over his shoulder, to see Ginny kissing Harry. Suddenly he was overwhelmed by a pain and anger that grew inside him. As they broke apart Ginny looked at him, she looked concerned. Draco glared back and ran back towards the school.