Chapter sixteen

Ginny practised Quidditch every day. And every day, she expected Draco to suddenly appear with a smirk on his face and say 'Hey, I've been watching you this whole time." And start laughing, but of course he didn't.

She wasn't completely worried, because if he had literally just gone 'missing' then the teachers would have noticed, and given out a warning or something. But still she was just praying he was okay. She considered sending him a letter, but what if he wasn't at home? What if his father read it? He would be in loads of trouble. She decided she would just wait. Harry reasurred Ginny that he was fine, and Ginny realised her feelings were slowly but surely coming back for him. He was sweet, and he helped her through this feeling that Draco wasn't okay. He helped her practise Quidditch and he was always there by her side. He also constantly made her laugh.

Finally, four days after Draco had disappeared she recieved a letter at breakfast. She was sitting with Luna and Harry and suddenly the owls all came swooping down upon the tables. Ginny didn't bother to look up, her mother sent her one letter a month, she wasn't expecting anything.

"Ginny, there's an owl coming straight for you." Luna said, she liked to watch the owls in the morning. Ginny looked up, coming for her was an owl she recognised, Draco's owl. The owl arrived and she let it nibble the remainders of her toast. She ripped open the letter.

Dear Ginny,

I'm so sorry, I would have written sooner but it was harder than I expected. My father injured himself in work, seriously. So he was taken off to st. mungos. I'm staying with him for a while, but hopefully I'll be back soon.

The owl was unexpected and I was taken out of school straight away, so I didn't get the chance to say good-bye to anyone. Please don't me mad, you know I would have let you know if I could. I'm really sorry, I wish I could have seen you on your broom. It annoyed me the whole time I was travelling to the hospital. I was just thinking 'I could be watching Ginny play Quidditch right now.' But you know. I guess I'll get to see you on it soon. 

Hopefully I'll be able to come back to school soon, another week or so. I miss you loads, it's like being on Christmas break again.

I won't be able to exchange letters with you like we did then, though. It took my mother a lot of persuading to let me send a letter to you, she doesn't exactly like the idea of me talking to you very much either, but me being happy means more to her. She won't allow me to write again though, she doesn't like going behind my father's back.

Hope this clears things up, so you won't hate me when I get back.

I miss you so much,

love Draco.

Ginny sighed, folding the letter and slipping it into her pocket.

"You can go back to Draco now," She mumbled to the owl, stroking it's neck. It hooted and flew up, out the hall. "He's fine," She breathed to Luna and Harry, "His father was injured. He'll be back soon."

"I told you everything would be alright!" Harry said, squeezing Ginny's hand. She grinned at him.

The bell rang and Ginny walked with Luna to class.

"Are you and Harry dating again?" Luna asked, staring at her.

"No, why?" Ginny asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Because you obviously love each other again." Luna giggled.

"I think I do love him," Ginny blushed, "but I don't know if he loves me."