Chapter 21

Kennedy's POV.

I stormed down the stairs . But quickly caught myself because I forgot ma was crashing here for a while.

That's one thing that I did appreciate was that Drew gave my mom a place to stay.

As I got closer to where my mom was.

I tripped on clutter on the floor.

I was confused as to why there was a mess on the floor , we always make sure the condo is clean.

I flicked on the lap .

Only to see my mom gone and the condo a wreck.

It felt like my world came crashing down once again.

I plopped on the hardwood floor and cried.

I guess my cries turned into to wales.

Drew turned on the steps light and jogged down the stairs.

"Tf " he yelled partly from being confused and the other part from tripping as well.

"Why" ? I cried

He ran to me and held me.

"Why would she come here ? Why would she steal from us ? Why would she get my hopes high only to let me down?  "

"Shhhhhhh,everything will be ok" he whispered in my ear as he stroked my baby hairs.

"I just wanna know . Time after time. Why am I always the fool ? Why do I keep letting people hurt me ? Am I that horrible of a person" I looked up at him truly searching for the answer some where in his eyes.

He opened his mouth to speak but he just closed it back.

You know shit is real when Drew is at a lost for words.

"Tell me , tell me , tell meeee" I cried as I beat on his chest.

"Kenn ! Kenn! Look ! You gotta stop" He yelled as he held my fists from adding another blow to his chest.

"THIS " he looked around.  "This right here is LIFE . Yeah you've been dealt quite a few bad hands in your life . But this pitty party you got going on gotta stop!  It's not making anything better. It's not always about what happens it's about how you deal with what happens. " he shook his head , sighed and continued.

"See you have this idea of how you want your life to be all honkey dory and shit but it's not. And it never will. It just won't.  And you a big girl. Shit just can't be swept under the rug or hid from you. So imma tell you like it is. "

I looked up at him and let him continue. 

"Some set backs aren't because of the devil and it's not because God has a bigger plan for you. It just you gotta mature , learn , and gain wisdom from it. " He said confidently. 

I gave him a slight smile because even though I wanted a pity party he was telling the truth.

"C ' mon let's go up stairs.  I know you're tired " He told me as he lightly tapped my bottom.

We made it up the stairs and I felt most at home. Body on body.  My head in the nook of his neck and his arms wrapped around me.

Even though I felt safe in his arms . I couldn't sleep . And I knew he wasn't sleep either. I knew it was alot racing in his mind that he'd never tell me. It was a comfortable silence that me ,being me had to break.

"Save me " I whispered.

"From what" He asked confused. 

"Myself " I whispered back as I let a tear escape.

I don't know how he knew the exact eye or that I was even crying. But he reached over and wiped my single tear..

"I mean I know it's alot of people that love me like you and daddy. But sometimes I feel I don't have anyone. " I sighed

" If you know that why would you let that come out your mouth I'm here right now , aren't I ?" He asked semi- aggravated. "But I understand where you're coming from maybe you should find you a home girl at school"

"Ahhh that's smart babe" I smiled and gave him a kiss that I deepened . My hands drifted to his thick rod. Everything felt right. 

But he abruptly stopped . And pushed my hands away, "Stop Kenn". He said.

I sat confused . Why wouldn't he want this? I want this !

"Because your emotions are high.  And I wouldn't feel right letting this moment happen. It would feel like I was taking advantage of you only because you are at such a vulnerable place. " he sighed.

I sat and gawked.  If I never thought for a second that this boy didn't love me I surely was assured today.  I sat in thought. 

"Look Kenn I don't want you to be mad. I wanna do it just as bad as you but..." he said as he rubbed his head.

"No babe I'm far from mad .I'm actually glad you stopped this . Because you are 100% right. And baby. " I looked up. 

"Yeah" , he asked.

"I love you , and thank you, for everything ,for just being there for me . I'm sorry that I've been pushing you away . It was only a defense mechanism that I used because I only wanted you closer. .." I was stopped by his kiss

"Say no more. I love you too. " he said through pecks. 

 Author's Note:

This may have been one of the shortest chapters I've ever wrote. But this may be my most favorite because it relates to my life experiences. 

-Kennedy's mom steals and leaves.

-Drew respects Kennedy enough not to have sex at such a vulnerable time. 

-Drew told Kenn the real!

-Kenn is finally admitting that she knows her daddy really does love her.

-Kennedy is on the quest for a friend.

Give me feedback , don't forget to vote !