XI

We've been at this cottage for about a week now and I've enjoyed every part of it.

The negative thing was that Jimin's fear of the dark was getting worse. I slept in his bed every night now, just to make him feel better.

I'm not complaining but it's just weird, y'know?

It was already dark out and the hyungs and I were sitting by a fire, roasting marshmallows.

I was keeping my gaze on the intense flames and was deep in thought.

Me and fire didn't really get along so well...

"Hey, you ok?" Jimin whispered. I just looked at him and nodded once as a reply. I kept my gaze on the flames.

How would things be if those flames never took my beloved mothers flesh.

And if it didn't leave just ashes...

How would things be if my flames never took her pure soul... 

I stood up and started walking back to the cottage. They all yelled after me but I didn't care.

I went into the kitchen and grabbed a glass.

I filled it up with the clear liquid and slowly gulped it down, drop by drop. I felt how the cold liquid cooled down my throat.

I put the glass in the sink and sighed.

"Suga hyung?" I didn't have to turn around to know who's voice it was.

"Not now, Jimin-ah." I said and closed my eyes. I heard his footsteps near me and felt him put his hand on my shoulder ever so delicately. Almost as if it wasn't there.

He slowly spun me around and examined my face. He put his fingers under my chin and forced me to look into his eyes.

"I know something's not right... please tell me." He whispered.

I gulped and slowly shook my head.

I'm not gonna cry...

"I-I miss her, Jiminie." My eyes started burning like the fire just outside.

"I understand..." he whispered and brought me into a tight embrace.

We let go of each other and I sniffed.

"Can I show you something?" I asked. He nodded and I led him down to the basement.

"Suga, why are we here?" He asked and I turned the light on. It revealed a beautiful piano. I sat down and patted the spot next to me and he sat down.

"I found this the third day that we arrived here." I explained.

"That's awesome! Can you play me something?" He asked. "Preferably one of your own songs, if you don't mind."

I took a deep breath and pressed down my fingers on the smooth keys. They let out a soft melody that filled up the cold basement.

"The corner of my memory
A brown piano settled on one side
In the corner of my childhood house
A brown piano settled on one side

I remember that moment
Way taller than my height
The brown piano that guided me
I looked up to you, I yearned for you
When I touched you with my small finger
I feel so nice mom I feel so nice
I played the piano wherever my hands took me
I didn't know your significance back then
Back then I was content with just looking at you"