The Morning After

Eva's P.O.V

"So what you like to eat?" I asked Aaliyah as I pulled out pots.

Last night was crazy and now Ava and I..well I have a problem that doesn't have a solution.

"Um pancakes." She said.

"Ok we have, Blueberry, raspberry, strawberry and Chocolate chip." I said showing her the options.

"Chocolate chips." She said smiling.

"Coming right up." I said smiling back.

"Why am I here?" She asked me.

"Well your mommy and daddy had to take a little vacation." I said flipping the pancakes.

"Are they coming back?" She asked.

"I don't know, maybe." I said feeling like shit.

"Do they hate me? Did they leave because of me?" She asked putting her head down. Omg she looks so helpless.

"And why would you think that?" I said cutting off the stove and sitting on the counter.

"Well they're always arguing and yelling. It hurts my ears a lot so I turn them off." She said looking so innocent.

"Turn them off?" I asked confused of what she was saying.

"This, when the magic microphone is off I can't hear anything, but when it's on I can hear everything." She said showing me her hearing aid. God you punishing me ain't you?

"Oh how cool." I said.

"I don't think so , I'm a freak." She said putting her head down again.

"Why you say that?" I asked curious.

"People at my school pick on me because of them , they say mean things and one day this girl pushed me down and broke them so I had to get a new pair." She said looking like she was about to cry.

"Aww babygirl , them kids at your school are assholes and to hell with them and your not a freak as a matter of fact I think your pretty awesome." I said making her smile which made me smile.

"Really?" She asked with a spark in her eyes.

"Of course and from now on don't let anyone tell you , your not." I said.

"Yes ma'am." She said. She is also very well mannered.

"Alright." I said turning back around to cook the rest of pancakes.

"How is Mommy duties?" Ava asked coming around the corner. Let the shit talking begin.

Ava's P.O.V

I can't believe she is actually going through with this. I know my sister is all about taking risks, but this is TOO Extreme.

"You want breakfast?" She asked me.

"Nawl, unlike some people I don't have to cook for "my family"." I said making sure she caught my shade.

"Ava don't start your shit today." She said fixing the kid's plate.

"i'm not starting anything, your the one who is being inconsiderate." I said sitting down at the counter.

"Aaliyah take your plate and eat in the living room for me please." She said making her leave the kitchen.

"Eva sometimes I just don't get you." I said.

"And how is that? I did nothing wrong, yet you treating me like shit." She said.

"Look what you have done." I said.

"And what is that exactly?" She asked.

"Oh well i don't know, the fact that there is a living human being in our living room." I said rising my voice a lil.