Chapter 20

(Y/n)'s POV

"What do you mean, 'what are you doing here'? Am I not allowed to watch your concert just because of our broken relationship?"
"Shut it and leave. I have nothing to say to you," Goshi replied coldly.
"Fine-"
"Wait, mind telling me what happened?" Yashamaru asked.

I glanced at everyone else before explaining everything to him. Of course, I left out the part of me hating Yumiko and how I had lost my job.

His sharp eyes stared at me without looking away. *gulp* W-what now? Did he know that I was hiding something from him?

"You sure have experience since you were working as an intern at that company. Don't you think it's a little too unfair? Why did you only tell your side of the story?" Goshi asked.
"I simply stated the facts. If I really did add in my personal feelings then the explanation would've been much longer. Plus, how do you expect me to know what you guys feel about this?"
"Well, journalists are supposed to do some research. Why didn't you? Why didn't you do background checks on all of us? Huh?"
"What do you have against me? I don't remember doing anything to offend you. Oh, I get it now. Are you afraid that I'll hurt Tsubasa? Is that it?"
"Oi!"

Kento held him back from coming too close. It was obvious that he seemed furious. Did he really hate me that much? Geez...

"Goshi, that's enough," Kento exclaimed.
"(Y/n), there's something else you're not telling us," Yashamaru pointed out.
"What do you mean?"
"I'm curious. Why didn't you pay for the ticket if your relationship with Yuuta and the others weren't great? Also, considering all that's happened, I'm surprised you even want to see them."
"Tch."

He raised an eyebrow, expecting an answer. I sighed heavily.

"I got fired. There, happy now?"
"Wow, really? Stop trying to act like you're the victim. Lost your job? Serves you right," Goshi said half-heartedly.
"Goshi, shut the hell up. What would you know?!"

At that exact moment, Tsubasa and Yumiko joined in on the conversation. They seemed like best friends. I clenched my fists in frustration and looked away.

"This seems pretty serious," commented Yashamaru.
"I'm leaving."
"Wait, let's hear what they have to say about this."

I groaned, making sure it was loud enough for them to hear. Goshi seemed like he could explode at any moment. I pushed away the aching pain and just returned the glare.

"Do you want to hear what I have to say about this?" asked Yumiko.

The others nodded as a reply.

"Well, I don't have any particular feelings towards (Y/n). I think of her as just a coworker. To be honest, I have no idea why but she seems to have something against me," she exclaimed, faking all the emotions.
"(Y/n), is that true?" Yashamaru asked.
"No, but would anyone believe me?"
"Yuuta, who do you believe?"

I looked at him, allowing the slightest ray of hope that he would believe me over her. He turned away from my gaze and looked at the ground, his reply barely a whisper.

"I'm not sure...if I know (Y/n) anymore."

What?...Was that seriously his answer? I couldn't believe my ears. We've been together for years and he trusts her over me?

"Does anyone believe (Y/n)?"
"Do you even have to ask? Of course no one would-"
"I do."

Kento winked at me. I could only stare at him in shock from how confident he sounded. How was he so sure? There was no way of knowing who told the truth.

"I guess I do too," Ryuji said quietly.

Tatsuhiro and Mikado also sided with me, which meant that the others...Kento put his hand on my shoulder, making me jump slightly.

"What?"
"Tsubasa, we're done for today, right?" he asked.
"H-huh? Oh, yes. You guys have nothing left in today's schedule," she replied.

He nodded before dragging me outside. I risked looking back at Goshi but his harsh gaze was enough to make me want to cry.

~Some time later~

We were all at my apartment, just staring at nothing in silence. No one spoke up or dared to meet anyone else's gaze.

"So?"

We looked up at the sound of Kento's voice. His gaze was on Tatsuhiro and Mikado.

"Why did you two decide to trust (Y/n)?" he asked.
"That's...kinda...wait, why aren't you asking Ryuji?" Tatsuhiro questioned.
"Because there's no need."
"You know, I didn't really like Yumiko. She seemed fishy, so of course I'd believe (Y/n) over her," Mikado exclaimed with a smile.
"Yeah, he's right. Who trusts someone they just met over someone you personally know?" Tatsuhiro added
"Wait, you're not expecting me to say something sappy, right?" Ryuji asked with a frown.

I couldn't help but laugh. He just puffed out his cheeks and looked away. Suddenly, my phone rang, causing all of us to jump.

I looked at the screen and frowned. It was Goshi. What did he want to talk about? I had nothing to say to him. What should I do?

Kento snatched the phone from me and answered. I waited, looking at the serious expression he was making. What were they talking about? All of Kento's answers seemed very vague.

"Why should I?" he asked.

We all sat in awkward silence until he passed the phone back to me. The call hadn't ended yet.

"H-hello?"
"(Y/n), let's meet somewhere," he said.
"What? Why would I do that?"
"Just this once. I won't ask again."
"Seriously? You treat me as if I'm even more worthless than dirt and now what? You want to meet me in private? You must really think you're a king, huh?"
"Tch."

All I could hear was the continuous beeping, signalling that he had hung up. Wow, rude much? I stuffed my phone back into my bag and sighed.