Chapter 13

(Y/n)'s POV

I stood up and faced him, trying to force down the dreaded feeling forming in my stomach. For some reason, I could tell that this was about him dating Yumiko behind my back.

"I...um..." he started nervously.

I smiled gently and ruffled his hair. He looked at me before smiling back.

"I know, don't worry."
"What? You do?" he asked, a little surprised.
"Yeah, you've been dating Yumiko, right? I already know so you don't have to worry anymore."
"H-how? I..."

His phone rang, making the both of us jump. I nodded at him and waited patiently for him to finish the call. His cheerful tone soon turned cold and sharp.

That was unexpected. Yuuta almost never used that tone. In fact, I don't even remember the last time he did. I could tell that he was talking to Yumiko but I didn't know what about.

He angrily hung up before dropping his hand to his side. I watched as he slid down to his knees. My heart ached at seeing him like this.

Without thinking, I pulled him into a tight hug. I could feel his tears on my shoulder as he cried silently. Yuuta...

"She...asked if you were acting up...if you were being rude because of her..."

His voice was barely a whisper. I listened quietly while rubbing his back.

"How could you?...You're my sister. There's no way you would ever do that to me...why did she even suggest such a thing?..."
"Yuuta..."
"(Y/n)...I'm sorry! I never meant to push you away! P-please forgive me!"

This time, his quiet sobs were now loud wails. I clenched my fists. Yumiko...she deserved to die. What the hell was her problem?! Yuuta did nothing to her! He liked her! Why would she ask such a thing?!

"Just wait here-"
"No, don't. I...still like her. I don't want you two fighting because of this," he exclaimed.

His grip on my arm loosened. A sigh escaped my lips as I knelt down in front of him. He had finished crying, and just continued to stare at his feet. I pouted and made him look at me.

"Yuuta, this isn't like you. Come on, I'm sure everyone's waiting for you."
"Everyone's worried about you too."
"Let's go back."

I held out my hand for him to take, which he did. But before we even got a chance to say anything to the others, Hikaru threw a water balloon at my face.

"Oi! What was that for?!"
"You haven't been in the sea all day. It's nice to have fun once in a while," he replied with a cheeky grin.
"*smirks* So it's a fight, huh?"

I snatched one away from Momotaro's hand and threw it at Hikaru, hitting him square in the face just like how he did to me.

He seemed to be in a trapped in a trance before reality finally dawned on him. I smirked as he gave me a playful glare.

"Hey, that was unfair. You can't snatch from others!" he yelled.
"But I just did. And besides, Momotaro doesn't mind...do you?"
"No, I don't. I didn't even want to be dragged into this game," he replied with a sigh.

Suddenly, a splash of water exploded from behind me. The cold splatter soaked my entire back and all of my hair. I came face to face with Yumiko.

She simply smiled as an apology but her eyes held a challenge. I pretended to wave it off as nothing but on the inside, I was boiling with anger.

Without any warning, a water balloon flew into her face. She wiped at it, trying to hide the anger that was clearly showing.

"You!" she yelled while pointing a finger accusingly at Goshi.
"What? It was an accident. It just slipped out of my fingers. I never knew it would head straight for you. Maybe it had a grudge against you or something," he replied with a shrug.

I couldn't help but laugh as she was left at a loss for words. Goshi aimed three more at her, none of them missing their mark. We were about to get serious until Mr Hitoshi cleared his throat.

"I don't appreciate you ganging up against our team's best employee. If you could refrain from-"
"Why? Sounds like she's your daughter or something. I'm not a tv so you can't control me, got it, you old man?"
"Ah, sorry sir. I'll make sure this doesn't happen again."

I pulled hard at Goshi's arm, glancing at him from the side. He sighed angrily but stopped despite this.

"You better. Remember what we talked about," he warned before walking away.

Yumiko grinned triumphantly and began to aim a water balloon at me. Yuuta stood in front of me and dragged me away before she could throw it.

I followed him in confusion as he walked towards the ocean. Soon enough, everyone else joined us. Well, everyone except for Yumiko who had probably gone back to the resort.

"Hey," Kento greeted.
"Where were you?"
"I was here the whole time," he replied as if it was really obvious.
"Seriously? Why haven't you said anything then?"
"Because I didn't feel like it."
"Tch, meanie."

He just smiled that usual smile of his and splashed me with water. I did the same to him but lost my footing. Before I could steady myself, I found myself on top Goshi, who looked annoyed that I had gotten him wet.

"Sorry."
"Tch, whatever."

He stood up and began to walk towards the shore before stopping midway. Unexpectedly, he turned around and came back. His hand found mine as he turned right and continued walking.

I looked behind only to see Tsubasa looking around for him. His hand was warm despite the chilly winds blowing towards us.

"Hey, what's up with you and Tsubasa?"
"Nothing," he replied quickly like he was trying to hide something.

I shrugged it off, desperately hoping that it was actually nothing.