48

X A N D R A

It's been three weeks now, since Adam left us. Dad has been coping really well, and mom has been helping him do so.

Seven days ago, mom gathered her emotions and decided to finally speak with dad.

"Xavier, you need to gather your emotions. Adam shouldn't be thought of, as someone who died. Think of him, as someone, who gave us all a new life."

Since then, they both have tried to cherish all the little memories they had of Adam.

Shawn comes to meet me daily and spends more than two hours with me. Yeah, that makes my feelings for him become more stronger.

I walk towards my dad's room and knock on it.

"Come in.", his voice comes out roughly. Like, he speaks in a rough voice.

"Hey dad. It's me.", I walk inside and close the door. Mom is sitting beside him and smiles at me.

"Princess. Come. Sit here.", he pats the seat beside him.

"You called me?", I ask him. He nods and looks at mom.

"Yeah. We want to tell you the story behind everything that happened.", mom pipes up in between. I take in a long breath and prepare myself.

"You don't really need to, you know. Like, it's okay if you don't tell me. There's no pressure.", I assure both of them, taking their hands in mine.

"We know we don't need to, princess. But, we want to.", dad smiles weakly.

"Yeah.", mom caresses my cheek.

I look at them approvingly and sit comfortably, taking my legs on the bed and folding them.

"You'll have to wait for sometime. Shawn is going to come. And we think, even he deserves to know everything.", mom nods.

"Oh.", is the only thing I can say.

A knock interrupts our little chat and dad answers for the person to come inside.

The door opens and Shawn steps inside, giving us all his beautiful smile.

"Good afternoon Mr. and Mrs. Bolt.", he greets my parents and looks at me. I smile back.

"Good afternoon, sweets.", he grins at me. Can anyone suggest me ways to hide a blush? I really need them.

My parents exchange secret smiles and smirks as Shawn sits down beside me.

"So, let's get to the point straight.", dad starts and Shawn looks at me. He knows it well that this was going to be hard on me.

Taking my hand in his, he rubs it in a soothing manner.

We all take a long breath as my parents prepare themselves to reveal all the things which had caused us all the problems.

Today, I was going to finally know the roots of the problems and tears I had to bear. The pain, the torture and every other thing which had caused me to cry myself to sleep.

Today, I was going to finally know why my parents weren't there for me when I needed them the most.

Today, I was going to finally know, why everything was so complicated for us.

******