28

X A V I E R

I threw the lamp forcefully, on the floor, beside my table, shattering it into pieces.

"Calm down, Xavier.", Adam put his hand on my shoulder, which I moved away, a little too fast. A look of hurt came in his eyes.

"What do you mean calm down!? Do you even know what I am feeling right now?", I screamed. He flinched a little. I went on to throw other things in my sight as he tried to stop me, in vain.

"I know you are desperate to meet her.", he tried to show that he understood me. But I knew he didn't. No one could. They didn't know what I was going through.

They did not even know how I was dying inside. What was the use of those two bulky, useless creatures if they couldn't even take a girl as opponent?

I needed to see her. I really did.

She was a ray of hope to bring Natalie back to life. To make my hell of a life perfect. To make everything right.

"Are you sure, she is the one?", Adam asked, making me sit on the chair nearby.

I nodded. I knew it the moment I saw her. She was the one. Adam stood up and started making some phone calls.

"Yes. Maybe there might be CCTVs somewhere around. Check all of them.", he paused. "I don't care. Bribe them. Threaten them. Kill them. But check every footage."

I put my head in my hands. We were having one chance to assure ourselves that she was safe, and those idiots lost it.

Adam came and started patting my back.

"Everything will be ok.", he gave me false hopes like this everyday.

"Right.", I answered, sarcastically.

His phone rang again and he excused himself, answering it.

"Are you sure? Can you see the boy clearly?", he frowned, "Fine, just take his photo and circle around to every watcher. Find that boy."

He ended the call and came towards me.

"What's the matter?", I looked up at him.

He sighed.

"They saw the footage of one of the CCTV. They say she was with a boy there. Before running off.", he explained, fidgeting with his phone.

"Find the boy. I want the boy.", I ordered him.

"Yeah. I said that."

I went inside my bedroom, and sat beside Natalie. She had become a selective mute now. Only spoke sometimes. I took her hand and pressed my lips on her fingers. She looked at me and gave a weak smile.

"We're going to be ok, soon.", I returned her smile. Her eyes suddenly had a new shine in them as she gave a real smile.

"I know you'll make it right, Xavier.", she spoke softly. I hugged her. She had spoken after three days.

"You should sleep. Take rest, baby.", I made her lay down, putting the white, fluffy blanket on her and kissing her forehead. She smiled and nodded, closing her eyes.

I went out of the room, and saw Adam smiling.

"We've found the boy. His name is Shawn. Works in a helpline. We've got his address, too.", he said and grinned.

"Bring the boy. I want to see him."

*****