34

S H A W N

My head was spinning. I couldn't believe that this was actually happening.

If someone would've told me that in a month, I would be friends with a sad but impacting girl, will try to save her, and meet gangster type people and see her getting shot, I would've laughed it off.

When I saw Lylah in that condition, gagged and bleeding, I lost it. I turned around and hit the man with the nearest glass vase present near me. But, he had a gun and he pointed it at me, so I had to dodge myself of the shot. It hit the mirror behind me, bursting it into pieces, with a stinging noise, and I stood up to punch him.

After a lot of fight, I suddenly felt a hit on the back of my head and fell down.

"Pity. You shouldn't compete with the expert.", he shook his head, as my vision blurred. Foggy sensation took over my eyes and I felt like I was falling. Falling into a deep abyss of pain and misery, with no ending.

I could feel him moving around him, though it was feeling like he was far away from me. I could feel people running into the house.

Lylah.

Lylah.

"Shawn?", I could hear her voice ringing in my ears.

"You've helped me a lot already. By being my friend."

"You're my best friend."

"Soon."

"Soon, this world will be free of me."

"That sentence made my day."

"Leave her alone.", I could hear Xavier's voice. The nervousness in his voice made it clear to me that Lylah was in danger. I opened my eyes slowly, vision still a bit blurry.

Lylah was held by him, weak, in pain. Xavier and his men, were standing in front of him, forehead smeared with sweat. I tried to get up slowly, as he pointed his gun at Lylah's head.

"I'm going to kill her, Xavier. Maybe, that way, you'll understand what I must have  felt.", he said menacingly, as I stood up. Dragging myself, I walked towards him slowly, as he stood there, unaware of me.

I'll always be there for you, Lylah.

"Please, don't.", Xavier pleaded, his eyes glistening with tears.

As he was about to pull the trigger, I pushed his hand, and the bullet hit Lylah, on her stomach.

Shit.

I snatched the gun from his hand and hit him on his head with it and ran towards Lylah, who was surrounded by Xavier and his men, as they picked her up.

She was bleeding.

I was losing her.

NO!!! This wasn't happening!! This couldn't happen!!!

We all took her to the ground floor, in the elevator, as she breathed heavily. Adam was already waiting with the van there and I sat inside, Lylah's head resting on my lap.

"You're a good friend.", she whispered, tears falling from her eyes to the side of her beautiful face, as she tried to smile. She was in pain.

"Be strong, Lylah.", I held her hand strongly, as Adam came and sat towards her leg and tried to remove the bullet from her stomach, or at least stop the bleeding.

"Stop crying, Shawn.", she frowned, and I wiped the tears which were coming out of both her and my eyes.

"I'm n-not crying.", I stuttered.

"Right.", she mumbled, as her eyes started closing.

"DON'T SLEEP!", I screamed and she flinched, eyes opening with difficulty.

"Stop screaming, Shawn.", she spoke slowly. Adam put his hand on my shoulder and I looked at him.

"Let her rest.", he said, and he had tears in his eyes, too.

And Lylah closed her eyes. Finally, free of all the torture. Free of suffering. Away from me.

Away from me.

*****