44

S H A W N

For a minute or two, the thought of Natalie being the main villain came in my mind, for at least a million times. Well, it wasn't my fault, she was behaving like one. Pointing a damn gun at me, what did she expect me to think? That we'd play gun-gun? Obviously not!

But, as soon as she made a turn into the forest and stopped the jeep at a dangerously screeching noise, my mind started believing that she wasn't doing anything wrong.

Our jeep was in front of the car in which Xandra was held. The engines of both the vehicles were roaring, like hungry lions, only more horrific.

In a split second time, both of us were out of the car, and two men stepped out of the car, one of them, who seemed to be unknown, was holding Xandra, rather brutally.

Trust me, it was taking me quite control in not breaking down. I could never see her in that condition, drugged and in pain. What if they kill her, right now?

"Give me my daughter back, Brandon.", Natalie said quietly, looking at the man holding Xandra.

"What if I don't?", he smirked. "I'm glad you remember me, didn't expect you to."

"Stop playing with me. Give her back. NOW.", she screamed. There was definitely some huge reason for all this.

"Or else?", Brandon challenged.

"I'll kill you.", Natalie stated calmly.

"You won't. You don't have the courage, Natalie. You never had.", he laughed.

Natalie pointed her gun at him and he pushed the point of the gun on Xandra's head. I was glad right now, that she wasn't conscious. I never want her to feel all that was happening to her right now.

Suddenly, I saw a different car coming from behind Brandon. Xavier.

Xavier and Adam got down quickly, with guns in their hands and ran towards us, but stopped dead in their tracks when they saw the situation.

"Look who we have here.", the man who had kidnapped Xandra for her whole life chuckled, looking at Xavier and Adam.

"We were waiting for you eagerly. Wanted to end what you started, ya'know?", Brandon said, still holding Xandra tightly.

Seeing that their attention was diverted, I jumped on Brandon and kicked him where the sun doesn't shine. The gun from his hand fell down and he held onto his precious jewels, groaning in pain, as I saved Xandra from hitting her head on the ground.

"You son of a-", before the other man could come near me Xavier punched him square in his jaw. He was one difficult man to fight with. Adam and Xavier, both started kicking and punching him.

Brandon got up and started fumbling around to search for his gun. I laid Xandra down carefully and went to pick the gun, when Brandon got it.

"Kid, you shouldn't have done this.", he chuckled gruffly.

Xandra started moving a bit behind me and I just hoped she wouldn't see me getting shot, because, one thing I was not going to do was that, I wasn't going to move away from in front of him and let Xandra get shot.

"Trust me, I won't miss you.", Brandon laughed and pressed the trigger.

*****