42

S H A W N

My heart seemed to have forgotten how to breath. Xandra, she just got kidnapped in front of my freaking eyes, in front of so many useless bodyguards, and all we could do was watch.

I immediately ran towards a jeep, kept in front of me. It was the one which we were using to travel in. Before I could sit inside, Natalie, Xandra's mom came.

There was this weird flare inside her eyes. The one, which clearly stated the intentions. The one, which talked about murdering someone.

"Go and sit on the other seat.", she spoke calmly, but the voice itself gave me chills. I had never expected to see this side of the calm and soft hearted type person. I immediately nodded and went and sat on the passenger side.

"Ma'am, this is dangerous.", one of the bodyguard came and spoke with her, earning the flaming stare in return. I bet he even gulped with fear.

"You. Don't. Tell. Me. What's. Dangerous.", she said, each word getting louder. "I've trusted enough of you now."

With that, she switched on the engine and drove off towards the car in which Xandra was. Driving with one hand, she put her hand beneath the seats and pulled out a gun.

Damn. She seems badass.

"Take this.", she gave me the gun. "You have an idea of how to use it, right?", she raised one perfect eyebrow.

I nodded in response. Words seemed to have forgotten the address to my tongue.

"Good."

She kept driving again and started fumbling with her hands, under the steering wheel and pulled out another gun.

"Check if both of them are loaded.", she passed me the other gun. I checked both the guns, and found them to be completely filled with bullets.

In midst of watching her, I never observed the way she was driving. It was scary, when I noticed, finally. The jeep was continuously screeching, taking sharp turns and following the car, at a very dangerous pace.

I tightened my hold on my seat and started breathing deeply and praying.

Suddenly, she took a different turn from the actual route the car was going in. I looked at her confused, but she kept looking ahead.

"You've taken the wrong route.", I tried to explain this to her, maybe, she was confused in the routes.

No reply.

"YOU'VE TAKEN THE WRONG ROUTE!", I screamed. The veins in her forehead spiked inside her delicate skin. She seemed to be controlling her anger.

I decided to jump from the jeep, but before I could even give a thumbs up to my plan, she looked at me.

"Don't even dare to jump."

Maybe, even she possessed the third eye, like Xandra.

But, I wasn't going to obey her orders. She wasn't my master or something. I fumbled with my feet to take a position.

Taking my feet on the seat, I prepared to jump. Before I could do that, she took the guns and pointed one at me.

"Sit down.", she said, calmly. I nodded and gulped.

Maybe, this wasn't going to go well. I did not even know if Xandra was okay. Or if she was going to make it.

Maybe, this was the end.

******