23

L's P.O.V

I take the car keys and walk, er, run towards the door. Locking it securely, I go and sit in my car.

I have a scarf with me, to cover my face. Obviously, I don't want him to see me. I don't want my only friend to leave me so soon. I take the scarf and wear it, covering my face, till only my eyes are visible.

The weather seems to be happy, low showers of rain and a lonely road. No one in sight. What do you expect at 3:30 am?

I drive silently towards the location Shawn has told me. I just pray he wasn't too drunk to tell me the wrong location.

God! That'd be embarrassing!

After a ten minute drive, I reach East street. A club was going on in full swing. I could clearly hear On and On by Cartoon. I was already in love with this song.

Hold me close 'til I get up,
Time is barely on our side,
I don't wanna waste what's left.

I get out of the car and feel instant chill run up my spine. The weather is too cold for my liking.

I take out my phone from my jeans and dial Shawn's no.

Ell?

Where are you?

Are youuuuuu the one in bluuuue scarf, dark bluuue jeans and a crop top?

Yeah.

I'm right behiiiiiind you.

I end the call, as my heartbeats increase. Taking in a long, quite long breath and gathering in as much as oxygen possible I look behind me.

And on and on, we'll go,
Through the wastelands, through the highways,
'Til my shadows, turn to sunrays.

He was standing in front of me. His phone still in his hand, holding next to his ear. He's wearing a smile, a beautiful, breathtakingly beautiful smile. A smile which makes me wonder, how could I be this lucky, to have spoken with this person?

He is wearing ripped jeans, followed by a black leather jacket, a white v-necked t-shirt inside. His abs are visible even in a damn jacket.

"Hi.", he breathes out. And that's when I realised, I am holding in my breath, too. He had made me breathless, just by smiling at me.

"Hi.", I reply with my annoyingly squeaky voice. "Shawn?" I asked, wanting to confirm if I was meeting the right person.

"Elll.", he confirms. "You came."

"Yes.", I try to give him my best smile, realising soon, that my face is hidden.

"Why are you wearing a scarf?", a cute frown finds it's way on his head.

"I'm cold.", I lie. "Come quick, Shawn. I need to drop you home."

I start walking briskly towards my car, turning behind once to confirm if he was following me, which he was. He still has that adorable frown on his head.

"Wait.", he suddenly spoke. "Take this."

I looked behind, frowning, and he gave me his jacket. My frown dissolved into a teen-girl-who's-crushing-on-Shawn-Mendes-smile.

"Why?", I ask, feigning innocence.

"You're cooold. And you came hereee for meee. I don't want you to fall sick. Then you won't be able to talk to me on calls.", he kept blabbering like a three-year-old.

I couldn't thank God enough. What had I done to see this beautiful side of Shawn?

I take the jacket, wear it, taking in his smell and go and sit inside the car as Shawn follows me.

He told me his address, which is quite close to my house, but he does not need to know that, does he?

We sat in comfortable silence as I drove towards his house. The whole ride he kept his eyes on me, with an accusing look, saying, you-are-not-removing-your-scarf. But it was worth it.

He got out as soon as his place came.

"You lied.", he states as a matter of fact.

"I didn't.", I feign innocence again.

"How do you know about which statement of yours I'm talking about?", he smirked. Even his smirk was to die for.

"I was just saying, I never lied in the whole ride.", I gulped. "I need to go. Good night, Shawn."

"I like the way my name sounds in your voice, L.", he grins. "Good night."

Saying so, he turned and went towards his house. I drove back home, thinking the whole way, if he would remember all this in the morning.

And I didn't know what I wanted. That he remembers I didn't show him my face or that he didn't remember ever speaking with me. And about that last compliment.

Reaching home, I realised. I still had his jacket.

*****