32

S H A W N

I just couldn't believe it when Lylah told me that her dad knew about her coming out. That wasn't possible, as long as, she was living in a very modern building with CCTVs in it.

That was the only guess I had right now.

I was having real less time and Lylah was in trouble. And the shit that Xavier had just told me, I was sure Lylah's so called father was going to flee the country. That was possible.

I had a doubt on Xavier the day I had seen him outside the cafe, when he dashed into Lylah. He looked like her, kind off. I just wanted the news to be true. Lylah would be in peace then.

Lylah wasn't in my life a month ago, but in a month, she had created  a space for herself inside my heart. She had dug her way through to my softest part of my heart's ventricle. Kidding. Don't be disgusted by that.

But, you get the idea.

As long as Xavier was going to assure that Lylah was safe, I would help him. I could do anything right now. Just for her.

We were sitting in the rich man's car and going towards the area I had dropped Lylah. And from there, we were going to go on a search for her in almost 300 houses. Just hope that Lylah isn't shipped to some weird country by the time I reach her.

"This is the place, right Shawn?", Xavier started scrutinizing the are with his hawk style eyes. That man could be intimidating if he wanted to.

"Yeah.", I confirmed and we all stepped out, Xavier, me and three different guys.

"I want each of you to go in different directions and search for her.", Xavier ordered his men and nodded at me. Getting my signal, I started walking briskly towards a random area.

My intelligent brain was screaming at me to go towards the building in front, because, it looked modern and a board outside said,

Don't try to steal you thief!
Here, everywhere there's a CCTV.

I went towards the gate and entered inside, while the security wasn't looking. Running a bit, I entered a random building.

It was having 20 floors. Yeah, that made me give up there itself. But, the thought of Lylah came and I started climbing the entrance stairs and entered the elevator.

I almost knocked on each door, met each person, till the 15th floor. Tiring as it was, but every second gave me the hope of Lylah being near.

As I entered the corridor of the 16th floor, I suddenly had the gut feeling of this floor being the one.

I went and knocked on the door, with the board '1603'. A man, who looked quite rude, opened it.

"Yes?", he asked gruffly.

"Um. I'm here because of a project. It's being done in the whole area. We need to know if you have any problems with your cable connection, sir. There's a current being passed and it can be deadly.", I answered with ease. I sensed the familiarity of the voice of the man.

"Be quick. I need to go, I have a flight.", he said and made way for me to come inside. I entered his flat and Lylah's essence came towards me with full force.

I started checking the TV connection, randomly and asked for water. He murmured something and went inside. Taking my chance, I stood up and went towards the door in front and opened it. Empty.

I went towards three other rooms, but in vain.

There was only one room left, the smallest door. I went quickly and opened it. My breathing stopped right there.

"Having fun, Shawn?", the man behind me asked as I stared at Lylah, lying in a pool of blood, gagged and with cuts on her body.

I had found her.

I had found Lylah.

******