The Call

Selene's POV

It's been four months since I've been working with Michael. Because of the preparations for the Bad Tour in September, lets just say that the work load is.........um how do I put this lightly......HELL ON EARTH! Well I'm not complaining too much because I'm working for THE King of Pop. In between the school pressure and tour pressure, Michael and I have become good friends. I would say that we helped each other come out of our little 'shy boxes.' He helped me to think of him not just as a boss but as a friend, like Paul, and I thought him that not all fans are the same. I'm actually proud of myself for doing that.

Well today is rest day. I usually use these days to catch up on school work, text friends, or spend time with Michael or do all at once. Unfortunatly I have some school work to finish up so today is the day that will be done. I am too determine to finish this early. I have been up from 3am doing this, and it is now 9am and I'm almost done thank God. I got distracted by a faint knock on the door. I know that had to be one person.

"Yes come in Michael." I said. The door slightly opened.

"You know that it doesn't have to be all the time," he said with a cocky grin.

"Sure, whatever," I said playfully.

"Just saying breakfast is ready when you are, and my siblings are coming over later so I was wondering if u wanna join our water war?" He begged.

"And what will happen if I say no," I said bluntly.

"Pretty pleaseeeeeeeeeee," he begged again. He looks so cute when I make him suffer...........Nope I'm never thinking like that again.

"Ok fine." I gave in. He smiled evily.

"Ok, see you later then." He said while leaving the room. I waved goodbye and he locked the door.  This is also another motivation for me to finish my work soon. I didn't finish until around lunch time and with my determination I'm just having breakfast.

Time went on. I had a shower and put on a sleeveless summer dress that stopped at my knee and made a high messy bun with my hair. I've met Janet and Jermaine alreadly but I'm kinda nervous to meet so many of them. I gained the courage and went to the 'park' area where everyone gathered their war equipment. I got my water guns......yes guns, and Michael introducted me to everyone.

"Well this is almost everyone, Rebbie and La Toya couldn't make it. Here's Tito, Jackie.Jermaine,Marlon, Randy and Janet. Everyone this is my friend Selene." Michael introduced.

"Hehehe, 'friend'," Jermaine smirked while staring at me and Mike.

"Jermaine can you not be an ass for a few minutes." Michael said as he gave Jermaine death glares.

"Can you guys stop your nonsense so we can start our battle." Janet said impatiently.

"Fine," the brothers said in unison.

We got slip into two groups of four. Michael, Jermaine, Jackie and Randy were on one team and Marlon, Tito, Janet and I were in the next team. We splitted up and the war started.

It came down to the wire because Michael was the only survivor for his team and Janet and  I were the only survivors on our team. Well that didn't last long because Janet was brutally soaked by Michael.

"Well Janet thanks for leaving me," I said angrily to myself. I had to win this. I studied Michael's movements and hiding spots and worked up a strategy. I ambushed him.

"Your mine now bitch!" I shouted while soaking him. He was too surprised to even defend himself. He just stood there screaming like a sissy. I ran off to my other team mates and celebrated.

"The old Mike is getting soft. Beaten by a girl." Randy teased Michael.

"This is my first lost. It won't happen again." He said with an evil grin. The next I knew, I saw Michael sprint towards me with two water balloons. I dogded them while running.

"I still win loser," I said and stuck out my tongue.

"Whatever. Lets get inside and dry off." He said defeated as ever.

"But I'm dry," I said with a cocky grin. He gave me evil eyes. I love to tease him.

When we got back inside every one was dry and getting ready to leave. 

"Selene you have a call waiting." Janet said .

" Excuse me guys." I said as i went to my room. I picked up the phone and was greeted by a familiar voice.

" Hi mom. What's wrong. Why do sound so depressed." I asked, fearing the worst.

"Your father is in the hospital." She said. My heart was legit in my throat now. I went silent.

"He had a heart attack and he is in surgery now. But the thing is I'm supposed to go to Florida next week and I can't cancel now. Your sister and brother can only can stay with him for a little while." she said concerned. 

"I'll have to come as soon as-" I got cut off.

"If it is a problem then don't bother." She stated.

"No mommy I'm coming in three days time and I'll leave when you get back." I said on the brink of tears.

"Thanks that would mean alot. I'll call and give you updates." She said a bit cheerful.

"It's ok, bye bye." I hung up the phone because I didn't really want her to hear me crying. I lost it. I went into a corner in my room and cried my eyes out. I really hated crying but in this situation it was all I could do.

Michael's POV

I just saw my brothers and sister out. For once I can say I had an awesome day.  I wish everyday could be like this. I want to ask Selene if she enjoyed her day too but she was on a call so I didn't want to bother her with my stupidity. To take my mind off her for a while I took a shower, finished up a few songs and got a little snack.

It's been a few hours since I last saw her and this was really odd so I went to go check on her. Before I even got to her door, I heard sobbing. I ran up to her door and never bothered to knock. As I opened it I was greeted by broken girl sitting in a corner crying her eyes out. Honestly it was a heartbreaking scene.

"Selene, what's wrong?" I asked as I slowly approached her with a rag placed on her bed. She was silent. I sat beside her and dried her tears. She lightly grabbed my hand and moved closer to me. She placed her head on my chest and her hands around my waist and broke do in tears again. She was in no shape to talk. I honestly felt crying with her but now she sees as comforter and support and thats all I can do now.

"I'm........sorry...... Michael." She said in between sobs.

"For what Sel, you've done nothing." I reassured her.

"I'm getting your shirt all wet." She said.

"It's ok, I really don't mind." I said. I really cared about her not the shirt. There was silence for while and she calmed down a little.

"You know you never had to stay with me and comfort my sorry ass. Why did you stay Michael?" She asked. Well this left me with no choice, I had to say it.

"Because I really care about you Selene and I won't stop caring. I really like you Selene." Well I released that bomb, as if she isn't  an emotional reck already. Nice job Michael! She looked straight into my eyes and a final tear fell. I wiped it away with my finger still staring into those deep brown eyes she used to pierced into my soul. At this point there's only one thing left to do. I gently lifted her head with my finger and leaned it. She followed my lead and our lips finally met. Her lips were sweet and soft and moved perfectly in sync with mine. This went on for a little while and I really didn't want to stop but we had to break apart.

"Thank you Michael." She said softly and in a matter of minutes she was fast asleep. I lifted her and layed her in bed. I tucked her in and exited the room. Who knew that one call could change our lives forever.