Chapter 30: Forgetting The Unforgettable

They are coming back.

I roll onto the other side of my bed and pull the sheets closer to my body.

They are coming back.

I close my eyes and try to relax and get the words out of my head.

They are coming back.

I can't.

Sighing, I turn around to the other side of the bed, again, and close my eyes once more.

It's just a matter of time until they get here.

I get out of bed and walk into my bathroom and pour myself a glass of water.

They are coming back.

I get back into bed and try to act as if my eyelids were glued shut together. Minutes pass, minutes that turn to hours, but my brain refuses to shut down and let me sleep. Instead, the words keep playing in my mind.

They are coming back.

With a frustrated sound, I throw my sheets off of me.

I won't be able to sleep tonight.

* * *

I spend the night downstairs in the living room, trying to figure out what will happen next while some old show is playing in the background on the tv.

Kirk, Will, and Danny are coming back, I'm sure of it, and I got a bad feeling in my gut as soon as I think about it.

Something will happen, something will change, but I don't know what.

I don't think I want to know what either.

Is this the time where I should go to the police? Tell them everything and then hope for the best?

Is this the time where I should tell Martha and Roland the truth, about Nick being here?

Is this the time where I should just give up and give in?

I don't know.

If I tell the police now, there are even more people out there to make me pay for it. I can't take that risk.

I have to stay quiet but what if this is it?

What if this is the time where Nick take me away again, and this time for real?

With his friends back, there's no reason for him to stay in England and play around with my private life anymore.

Should I start saying goodbye to my friends in a discrete way or will that just prove that I'm giving in?

All the questions running through my mind gives me a massive headache.

I go and get some painkillers and as I pass by a window, I realize it's starting to light up outside.

A thought suddenly hit me and I quickly get my phone and start typing in Lindsey's number. She should still be up at this time considering the time difference, and if there's something I need right now, except for Nick and his friends behind bars, it's to talk to a friend.