Kindle Publishing

There are no limits to what you can sell on Amazon (physical products and digital products), but let me talk about the excellent publishing opportunity Amazon offers referred to as . With KDP, you can self-publish books on any niche whether they are fiction or nonfiction. All you need to do is to write a book or engage someone to write it for you if you don't know much about writing. You can employ ghostwriters on Upwork.com, Fiverr.com, iWriter.com, Freelancer.com, WriteArticlesForMe.com, EpicWrite.com, TheWritingSummit.com, Constant-content.com and many other websites.

Who can be an author on Amazon? Anyone, including you, can publish your books on Amazon at no fee. And what is more, you don't have to spend any money on marketing and advertising. The moment your book is up and running, you sit back and wait for your paychecks. Well, due to increasing competition, you may need to go outside the minimum and market your books a bit more aggressively to drive sales, get more reviews and much more. The earning potential here is limitless, as independent publishers have gone to build large publishing businesses that earn them tens of thousands of dollars a month. In this way, you can make a lot of the money passively.

For instance, you can hire virtual assistants to help you with all the marketing stuff, which essentially means the one thing you will focus mainly on is supervising what the virtual assistants are doing! The other great thing is that once you have built a broad audience, the multiplier effect in that will amaze you in the way you can make money with even greater ease for years without having to do much to promote your books.

So how exactly should you go about it? Well, it is easy; follow the steps below to start a successful KDP publisher.

How can you succeed with this option? Follow these steps to become the next successful Amazon publisher:

* Know what sells: The niche you choose to publish your book in will have a significant effect on your level of success as a publisher. Why is that so? Well, because not every niche is a hot sale on Amazon. As such, you need to be careful about which subject you choose. You should ensure that you select one that will give you enough profit. Your choice is irrespective of how good of a writer you are if people are not interested in the topic, you won't sell the book! Luckily, you can easily find out what people are buying from Amazon.

* A great way to find an issue that sells is to go to the Amazon Kindle Books page. On the page, choose the category in which you want to publish your book. One popular category at the moment is 'self-help.' From here, select a subcategory. Some of the hot nonfiction subcategories you can explore include marriage, parenting, relationship topics, recipes, weight loss, eating disorders, creativity, programming, etc. Choose from the available options until you find something you might like. Look at the top 100 books in a given subcategory, e.g., eating disorder and body image within the self-help niche. Choose some of the top books on the list of bestsellers then check the overall bestseller number for that book (just click on the book and scroll down to see the book details). If the book has a bestseller number of less than 20,000, this means it is a popular niche and one that you can make some good money. Then go to the 100th book in the same category above and see the bestseller rank of that book. If it is still within the 50,000 range, this means the niche is very competitive and highly profitable also.

* The other thing to consider is the number of reviews. Do the books have 100s of reviews of less than 20 reviews? If the bestsellers have 100s or even 1000s of reviews, you might be better off avoiding the niche since it is likely to be dominated by established publishers. It is up to you to decide whether to pursue it or not.

* Creat title and subtitle: After finding your niche, your niche step is to create a title and subtitle if you are pursuing the nonfiction category. The title should ideally be identical to your main keyword, as this increases the book's ranking tremendously. If your book is about parenting teens, have "Parenting teens" as the title instead of having fancy words like the "ultimate guide to parenting teens." The first title will rank higher than the second so make sure not to overlook that. Separate the title and subtitle using a comma then you can have your fancy words within the subtitle to lay out what the reader should expect from the book.

* As you create the subtitle, make sure your topic stands out. Don't just say "How to make your marriage work" - there are several books with that title already. You can get creative with this. Use things like: "Change your spouse in 30 days". Even if the content is about how to make your marriage work, most people are looking for ways and tips to help them change their spouses and turn them into the angel they desire. Such sensational topics are more likely to bring in the massive sales.

* Write the book or get it written: If you know how to write, I don't have to explain to you how to write a great book. But if you have zero knowledge on how to write great books that sell on KDP, it is best to outsource the writing work to those who know so that at least you can learn from whatever they write. You can then model your other books based on that if you have some skills in writing books. You can outsource the work or part of the job to the companies I mentioned above: Upwork.com, Fiverr.com, iWriter.com, Freelancer.com, WriteArticlesForMe.com, EpicWrite.com, TheWritingSummit.com, Constant-content.com, etc.

* Design the cover: Covers are everything for books on Amazon. In fact, people judge books by their covers on Amazon. As such, you cannot afford to have a lousy book cover. If you are not a professional, get a professionally done book cover on Fiverr.com, 99designs.com, etc.

* Publish: This one is pretty straightforward; follow the prompts on the Instructions that Amazon gives you.

How to publish on Amazon

Here is a detailed step-by-step guide on how to get your book on Amazon Kindle:

· Get your content ready, prepare the manuscript and cover. You will find useful tools and resources for KDP publishing on the Amazon website.

· Log into KDP using your login details

· Click on "Self-publish with us."

· Click on "Publish to Kindle"

· Click on "Book shelf."

· Enter your book title, description, keywords,

· Upload your book cover

· Upload your manuscript

· Preview your book

· Click the Publish, and your book will be live within 24 hours

* Market/promote your book:

While KDP supports the book for you, what it does it not enough for someone who wants to make a living off Kindle publishing. You need to do more than just publishing by promoting your book in various areas. You can use avenues like on social media, on different forums, to your mailing list (I hope you already have a website/blog and a mailing list); make sure to mention to your audience that you've published a book and would love an honest review. You can also schedule free promotion days and offer the book discounted prices for a limited time.

Next, I will cover one of my favorite topics - make your passion your profession!

See you in the next chapter. That will be on this coming Friday.

**Don't forget to vote, comment and share**