Look Out For These Signs

Many home based businesses involve some form of telecommuting, i.e., you work with the internet where your customers and employees don't have to come to your house for products or services. Of course, there are other forms of home-based businesses besides online businesses, but if you opt to pursue online home based activities, you need to be aware of some points:

Not every home based business idea is good for everybody. The truth is, some people will succeed in one business and not others. Knowing what to avoid as you set out searching for the right business idea for you will save you both time and money. With a large number of people turning to home-based business and work from home jobs, every crooked person in the world now has a home based business idea to sell to you. While some of these activities are outright illegitimate, some are just dead on arrival despite their legit status.

Here are some things you should look out for as you consider, which ideas to go with:

· Businesses that offer you significant bucks for doing nothing: Good as it sounds, any company, which promises huge returns on your investment while you sit and do nothing is apparently a scam. No one pays you for doing nothing on the internet. If it works that way, they won't let you know about the opportunity while they make their kills. Most high yield investment programs and Ponzi schemes littered all over the internet are the business ideas of scammers who want to rip you off your hard earned money so make sure to ignore them. Have you personal experience of this? Please leave your comment.

· Businesses whose sites have neither physical addresses nor contact numbers: Most Ponzi schemes work this way, and it shows how illegitimate they are. Not having a physical address and contact number just means you can't locate or sue them if you invest and lose your money.

· Very negative remarks about the ideas and products by disgruntled users: A quick search on Google will help you know what experiences others have had with the business you want to invest in or the products you wish to re-sell in the past. If you find most comments and reviews tilting towards the negative about that business idea or product, it is a warning sign that tells you it is up to no good. Sometimes you will find positive reviews, but always look closer to see if the testimonials are coming from the owners who use different names with same pictures or different pictures with identical names.

· No one can guarantee how much you will make: It doesn't matter how comprehensive a course, product or service is. As far as online businesses are concerned, everyone has their successes and failures. We will not all be the same. As such, don't buy into anyone's idea that you can make X amount of money. It doesn't work like that. As far as online businesses are concerned, you will make money based on your efforts, skill and of course some bit of luck. This mix will ultimately bring about different results.

But before you start your home business it is essential that you really define what you need to succeed. That is the topic in the next chapter.

See you there. I will publish that next Wednesday.

**Please comment on the issues above**