Ch. 39: Hereditary?

*Hospital*

Everyone is scared as they wait for a report on Nevaeh. SiSi is crying and panicking. "My baby, my precious baby. What if it's serious? What if she could be dying? I can't handle this. I'm pregnant and I got a lot on my plate and I can't lose my baby Nev!" SiSi says as she paces the floor. What if she has what I use to have? Roc doesn't even know because I figured it didn't matter anymore cause it was gone. He's going to hate me. I've cursed his babygirl with this mess. I pray our son doesn't have it when he's born. SiSi starts to black out and swiftly falls to the ground. The whole room is spinning and darkening till she can't see anything. She can hear everyone panicking around her. "My wife! We need a doctor!" Roc yells in distress. Doctors and nurses rush in and put SiSi on a stretcher. Roc drops to his knees. "What did I do to deserve this?" Roc asks as he cries hysterically. Prod helps him up and sits him in one of the chairs. "They're going to be ok, man." Prod reassures him. "How do you know that?" Roc asks him and shakes his head. "Because SiSi not about to let some other broad take her place." Prod says with laughter. Roc can't help but to laugh also. "Yeah she'll never want me with anyone else, and i would never want to be with anyone other than her." Roc says as he wipes his tears away. A nurse comes out. "Are any of you Mr. August?" The pretty nurse asks. "I am. Is my wife and daughter ok?" He asks anxiously. "Follow me. The doctors wants to talk to you." Roc follows her. The nurse turns and looks at Prodigy. "Hey Craig." She says with a smile. Dalia looks from her to Prod. "Hey Sammi." Prod says and turns to Dalia. The nurse continues with Roc. "Who was she?" Dalia asks him. "A nurse." Prod answers. "Well I know that but how do you know her?" Dalia asks him as her look turns to curiosity. "She works here and I talked to her a little when you were here." Prod says and smiles. "Oh ok." Dalia says and continues her conversation with Laurielle believing every word Prod told her. Ray looks at Prod and shakes his head. Prod puts his finger over his mouth letting Ray know to keep his mouth shut. "My lips are sealed." Ray says quietly. Rae notices Prod and Ray's gestures. She knows something is up. "Prince, you don't know anything about that do you?" Rae asks him. "No, but even if I did it wouldn't be my place to say a word about it." Prince says with laughter as he stares at Ray & Prod. Rae gets a little suspicious. She knows Prince knows more than he's revealing. 

*Roc*

"Sir, we don't know this for sure but we think your daughter may have a disorder which causes your immune system to weaken, which may be the reason for her bruising easily. It also can make you have stomach problems as well as fatigue. It's not common but it is hereditary if she has that." The doctor tells Roc. "Hereditary meaning one of her parents passed it on to her, right?" Roc asks. "Yes. But that's not the only way. You or your wife may not have it. It could be a recessive gene which runs in one of ya'lls family." The doctor reassures him. "Well my wife was the lady who passed out, is she ok?" Roc asks him frantically. "She's fine. Have you ever noticed the symptoms that your daughter showed in your wife?" The doctor asks Roc. Roc thinks hard. "When she was pregnant but that happens with every pregnancy. Nausea, tiredness." Roc tells him. "That's true. Was the nausea only in the beginning of her pregnancy or periodically throughout it?" He asks Roc as he takes notes. "Every once in a while throughout her pregnancy. My wife is fine. She doesn't show those symptoms unless she's pregnant which is normal." Roc says as he becomes aggravated. "Just asking to be sure. I'm going to be very honest with you I think your wife may carry the recessive gene. Only test will prove it though." The doctor tells him as he leads him to where SiSi is. SiSi is relieved to see him. "Baby how is Nevaeh?" SiSi asks him. Roc sits beside her. "I need you to calm down and not be stressed. Can I ask you something?" Roc asks her. SiSi gets nervous. "Sure baby." SiSi answers him. "Do you have any disorders that I don't know about, that may be affecting our daughter?" He asks her just to be sure. "Why would you ask me that?" SiSi answers and just stares at him. "Because the doctors think what she may have is hereditary and I just need to make sure that can be ruled out. It can, right?" Roc asks her in seriousness. "I-I-I'm sure I don't have anything. and Nevaeh will be fine." SiSi tells him and looks away. Roc can tell she's hiding something from him but he hugs her instead of pressing the issue. 

Stay tuned (: - Chasity