Chapter 23: Surpises

Chapter 23: Surprises

*Ray & Laurielle*

Ray goes through Laurielle’s things while she’s napping downstairs, with the television on. He’s glad the television is on so he can roam without waking her.v

“Where could that bracelet be?” he asks himself, he goes through all her drawers, he checks under the mattress’, in the closet everywhere. He’s like a mad man on a mission.

Where would I hide it if I was Laurielle?

He thinks, and then it hits him. Laurielle is so clever she knew Ray would check all of her stuff, but he wouldn’t think about checking his own stuff. Ray goes to check in his bottom drawer and bingo there’s Rae’s bracelet. Dang she is good, but not good enough. He thinks with a smile.

He silently tip toes downstairs to make sure Laurielle is still sleeping. He peeks into the living room slowly, where she is still sleeping soundly. He hurries out of the backdoor and into the bright sunny day. He gets in his car and speeds off toward Rae and Princeton’s.

*Rae & Prince*

“We are going where?” Rae asks annoyed, while Prince is massaging her feet.

“To Roc and SiSi’s wedding in Niagara Falls New York, Nevaeh really wants you to come.”

“Who is SiSi and Nevaeh?” Rae asks confused as Prince goes deeper into the foot massage.

“SiSi is Roc’s fiancée and Nevaeh is their daughter.”

“Prince I don’t really feel like going, I’m really tired. These Braxton-hicks contractions are kicking my butt.”

“Rae I know you’re not feeling well but I really don’t want to upset Roc, SiSi and especially Nevaeh.”

“Well go without me babe.”

“Nev really wants to see her auntie…” Prince says.

Rae starts to get annoyed, “Prince I don’t feel good! God, I wish you knew what carrying two boys felt like.” She snaps pulling her feet away from him. They both get silent.

“Rae, I’m sorry.“ Prince starts after a while “I just thought a change of scenery would be nice for us.”

Rae sighs, and suddenly she gasps, as she remembers something.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What’s a honeymoon Aunt Rae, and Uncle Prince.” Nevaeh asked one night while she was spending the night.

Rae and Prince exchanged looks, and then started laughing. “Where did you hear that word Nev?” Prince asked.

“I heard mommy talking on the phone about it.” She said sweetly.

“Well, its something married people go on. They pick a really nice place to go together. And daddy gets on top of mommy, or sometimes mommy gets on top of daddy it just depends. And they show there love for each other. That’s how you got here Nev.”

“Oh I never knew that, thanks for telling me I can’t wait to go on a honeymoon with my boyfriend.”

“Only married people go on honeymoons missy.” Princeton said. .

“And you have to be at least 30. And no boyfriends! You are way too young.” Rae added,, “So you have a while.”

Nevaeh giggled, “You two are the best, I love you.” Nevaeh told them both.

“We love you too baby girl.” Rae said and they both hugged her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rae what’s wrong, are you feeling okay?” Prince asks worried.

I remember her.” Rae smiles, “Let’s get packed baby, we got to go to that wedding.” Rae says.

Prince grins, “You do?”

“Yeah, I remember the day we told her what a honeymoon was.” She says, “I love you so much, thanks for always making my memories great. I guess the best thing about getting your memories back is getting to relive them over again for the first time.” Rae says, they share a kiss and then they pack together. And then they both hear the doorbell ring.

*Prod & Dalia*

“You can go in now, she’s up and alert.” The nurse tells them, as they all rush in.

“Mom!” Prod and Jovantae says at the same time. His sister, and other brothers joint them in the room; a long with his mother’s brothers and sisters.

“I’m glad your okay.” Prodigy says holding her hand.

“You know I’m a solider.” She says and smiles. “I wasn’t about to leave ya’ll on this earth without me, ya’ll need me.” She says.

“Yeah we do.” Prodigy says, as Jovantae nods his head in agreement.

“I’m glad everyone is here, I have something I want to do.” Prod announces, as everyone turns to look at him.

“I’ve been planning this for a while now, and with everything that’s happened I think now is the perfect time to do it.” He takes a small box out of his pocket, as everyone gasps. “Dalia, I love you and I’m so sorry at first I took you for granted. I wasn’t ready to be a man and now I am. I want us to be a happy family, and I promise to always put you and the baby first. And your stupid dog Poco too, But first, you have to be my wife.” he says getting down on one knee.

Dalia is in complete shock, as tears flood her eyes. “Wow, she says.” as she hears a chorus of ‘awws’ from Prodigy’s family. She wants to speak but she’s just too emotional.

“Dalia, will you be my wife?” Prodigy asks again.

“Say yes.” Everyone chants.

She thinks for a moment, and she stares into Prodigy's eyes; she can tell he's truly changed. She finally says,“Yes Prodigy! I will marry you, baby I love you.” She says as he runs to hug her, they kiss, and everyone claps, as he slips the beautiful ring on her finger.

“That’s my boy, finally stepping up and being a man.” Prodigy’s mom says.

“You taught me well.” He smiles to his mother. He kisses Dalia roughly and they hear whistles. Everyone is excited and having fun, until.......................Prodigy’s dead beat dad, comes into the room, drunk…………

Stay tuned. -Rae