Chapter 21: The Bracelet

*Prince & Rae*

“How-how did I forgive you for cheating on me just like that?” Rae questions after a moment of silence.

“I had to work on it believe me, you are very strong willed. I had to make you fall in love with me all over again, and thank God you did. It wasn't easy, or quick. I really love you Rae I don’t know what I would do without you in my life, you mean everything to me.” He says truthfully. Rae eyes him for a moment looking deep into his eyes.

“I guess I can see why I forgave you…” She whispers, “It’s almost like I’m falling in love with you all over again. And it’s scaring me that I can feel this way about someone that I barely know, I mean-ugh- its complicated.”

“Yeah I know what you mean....Our love is so strong even a brain injury can’t stop it.” Prince says kissing her forehead.

“Will you ever cheat on me again?” Rae asks her stomach turning to knots she’s nervous about the answer.

“Hell no!” Prince answers quickly, “You are it for me I love you and you are all the woman I need.”

Rae smiles. “So what did I do when I found out you cheated on me?”

“You went ballistic, you packed my clothes up and you put them in my old car. And then you came down to my rehearsal studio and you set the car on fire.”

Rae gasps, “Oh my God, please tell me you’re joking…” Prince shakes his head no. “Oh goodness I’m crazy as hell.” She says, Prince laughs, and after a while so does she.

“You were hurt Rae, and I understood. Me cheating on you was the worst thing I could have done and I’m so sorry. I will make it up to you everyday.” he says kissing her forehead again, "And yes you are just a little crazy but that's why I love you so much." He whispers.

“Kiss me here please.” She says pointing to her lips, Prince kisses her roughly, with pint up passion. Rae moans, but its from pain.

“What’s wrong, am I hurting you?”

“My stomach, it feels like I’m having a contraction.” She says in pain. “Ow!” She screams.

“You’re only 6 in a half months its way too early….” Prince trails off. He watches as Rae continues to writhe in pain, he starts getting worried.

“Call the doctor.” Rae says as Prince rushes to the phone.

*Prod & Dalia*

“Can I talk to her for a moment, before the surgery?” Prod asks the doctor.

“Make it quick she’s slipping away fast, we have to act quickly, before we lose her completely.” They say stepping out of the room.

“Mom,” Prodigy begins. “I love you so much. You have always been there for me… when daddy wasn’t, and now he wants to be in my life since I’m in Mindless Behavior. I hate him! I will never forget when he used to hit you. That kind of stuff stuck with me, I wanted to kill him and protect you from him but I was too little. I promised myself I wouldn’t end up like him.” He stops and wipes his tear away, and then proceeds, “But I have ended up like him mom. I hit Dalia! I promised I wouldn’t end up like that monster and I have…. But I’m going to be a better man than he ever was. I’m going to be there for my children and I’m going to be one hell of a dad. If I have to miss a concert, I'm going to be at every event for my children. I think that's why I was so afraid to have children I thought I would be a dead beat dad like him, but I'm not! I'm going to love my kids unconditionally. And it’s all because you taught me how to be a man. You were my mother and father and I thank you for everything. I’m not going to say goodbye to you, because you’re going to make it through this…. You have to-you have to make it to see your grandchild you so desperately wanted me to have…. I love you mommy, and I’ll be right here for you when you wake up.” Prodigy kisses his mother on the cheek as the doctors come in.