Chapter Forty seven - Fate really likes to play people

I was officially jobless again one day after WGM ended. Firstly, I was feeling down from having to return to reality without the imaginary life with Minhyuk. Even when I woke up the very next morning, I was up waiting for the familiar door bell to ring and expecting to see Young-pil at the door with a new mission card. I had gotten used to a camera following me everywhere that it was really weird not having one around anymore. And secondly, it struck me that I was jobless. Director Kang's proposal did not materialized because his entire project had been postponed to unknown. And I hadn't heard anything from my manager for a week now. The only thing was probably waiting for the official notice to throw me out of this dorm since I got this place because of the initial project.

If you knew me at all, you would know that I wasn't a person who sit around waiting for things to happen. I went to make things happen, in a way. So on the second day, without any further ado, I rang up Seo-jin to check in on him and see if he had anything good for me.

"Yo, Shin Ee!" he greeted me enthusiastically after the second ring. It was heart-warming to hear his familiar cheerful voice. "What's up?" he asked casually.

"Hi Seo-jin," I greeted in return before beginning my interrogation. "Eh, Seo-jin... you know... I've finished filming with WGM..."

"Oh yes! Yesterday wasn't it?" I heard a car zoomed back in his background. I wondered where he was.

"That's right," I answered. "Eh... so I was wondering... if you have any new work for me...?" I asked shyly. I didn't want to sound desperate even though I was near to desperation.

"Oh!" It seemed like this was the first time this thought struck him; that I had nothing to do. I wasn't aware which other celebrities he was manager for; perhaps he was really busy with them. "Ah yes...," he said. "I was just about to talk to you about it." My heart leapt with joy at the prospect of a new work. That meant income for me.

"Currently," he continued. "I hadn't received any projects for you." Immediately, my heart shattered into broken pieces like when you dropped a vase. Tears nearly dropped from my eyes. But I held back my wavering voice. "I will continue to keep a lookout for you."

"Oh...okay thanks..." I tried not to sound too disappointed.

This continued on for the next two weeks with no news, and by then I was ready to pack my bags and return to London or Singapore whichever favourable for me. Even though it was good not to be working and taking a break, this could not continue in the long run. My savings would soon be exhausted.

Just a week before my birthday, I finally received a call. It was from someone whom I had never heard before - Director Yoo In-sik.

"Good day, is this Shin-Ee ssi's telephone?" he asked politely.