Chapter Thirty four - Time for the heart to settle down

Shane never did contacted me that day. Nor the next morning. So I took the initiative to call him after breakfast. He didn't picked up.

Shane was usually an early-riser so it was quite the impossible for him not to be picking up my call. Hence, my conclusion was - he was angry.

I had never encountered an angry Shane before except for that one time during rehearsal, back before we became close friends, which he blew his top when some silly girl confronted him something about which he hadn't done. It was some kind of prank; putting some fake insects in her handbag or something. Since Shane was the only person around, she accused him naturally. And when he denied it, she went around spreading rumours about it. I thought she was pretty nasty. Thank goodness she left the troupe.

Since Shane was ignoring me, I had no reason to go out of the house this early in the morning on a Sunday. I was late for church anyway. I decided to make myself a nice brew of tea.

I was surprised to see a cup of black coffee sitting on the dining table when I went into the kitchen. The fragrance of the coffee was overwhelming that even a non-coffee person like me was tempted to try it. I knew Liz was over at her fiance's. So I reckoned it could be Damien's or Chris'. But since Chris was rarely around, I arrived at the conclusion that it must be Damien's.

"Morning," a deep male voice greeted me as I sat down with my pot of tea. I turned and was surprised to find that I was wrong.

"Chris?"

"What's wrong?" he sensed my surprise instantly.

I shook my head. "Nah, I was just surprised to see you," I smiled. "Morning, by the way."

"Who were you expecting?" he asked as he sat down across from me and pulled his mug nearer to him.

"I thought it could be Damien..."

"Damien is over at his boyfriend's." We were quite used to the term, Damien's boyfriend by now. In fact, I had met Sterg a couple of times. He seemed like a pretty sweet guy too.

"Oh..."

"No date for today?" he asked casually. It was the first time that I was seriously taking a good look at him. I always viewed him as a clean-shaven, well-dressed and well-mannered guy who probably knew his Ps and Qs better than anyone else.

I saw his bright hazel brown eyes which a little of the double lid. He had a dimple on his left when he smiled, which actually made him looked kind of cute. He hadn't shave this morning so he seemed to look at least five years older than usual. He wore a sloppy white V-neck tee but nevertheless still looked pretty smart.