Chapter Ten - I'm sick!

It was finally November! My favourite time of the time. Why? Because November's my birthday month! My most favourite month of the year was December because it was a month of vacations and holidays where there would be no school. And my favourite holiday of the day fell in December - which was Christmas. I loved Christmas. I couldn't really put an explanation to it. I thought it was the happiest time of the year. Christmas came with presents, music and fun. And this year, it was made more special if it would snow on Christmas. My Korean friends told me it usually did. Either Christmas Eve or Christmas itself. Oh, that would be just like a fairy tale coming true for me! Back in Singapore, we had to make do with made-up snow that were blasted out by snow-making machines and even so, most of the time, they were just foam or bubbles. I was looking forward to build my own real snowman!

Exams would be coming up in three weeks. Campus was in a frenzy now with everybody busy rushing off to meet for projects and catching up with lecturers on tips. Cass was so occupied with her final paper that I hardly saw her around. She hung out almost every minute at the school library. Now that it was near exam week, the school library was opened up to eleven every night. Cass would be moving out by the beginning of December, on the day of my last paper which happened to be Scene Study. Meanwhile, I would be staying till the last day of December. I almost missed my tickets home since it was peak period. Fortunately, Cass had reminded me weeks ago to get them in advance regardless the price. And I did.

On Scene Study, thank goodness it was the last paper. I was still short of twenty hours which I was keeping for the 'kiss' scene which unfortunately would be on my birthday itself. I wasn't sure which was more depressing - having to 'work' on my birthday or having to see Lee Min-ho and Park Shin-hye kiss. Ji-hye had just completed her hours. She had her share of 'kiss' last week. I watched that episode on TV a few days ago. I wasn't sure how I would feel on actual site when my heart was already so hurt watching it on TV. That was Korean dramas. Filming took place almost simultanously as they were being shown on TV.

Having stayed over at Min-ho's house was a plus experience for me. Honestly, I had never even dreamt of it. As I got to know him, he was really becoming more and more of an unreal person. Firstly, he was good-looking. He had such beautiful skin even when he didn't apply much make-up. He admitted to me that he hardly used any beauty products because he was such a lazy person. I almost bashed him up... I was so jealous! My face always pop pimples easily. Fortunately, the Korean weather seemed to be good for my face and that was why I had good complexion these days. Even on period days...

Second, he was so slim! His thighs were so slender that I was embarrassed standing next to him. I felt like a balloon. And to think that he was a big eater. He simply loved to eat. That was his enjoyment in life (apart from his fame).

He was also a very nice person. Perhaps, the word 'nice' was just not sufficient enough. He was helpful with the crew with packing up and setting up. He was kind and considerate, going around offering warmth to girls especially when they were feeling cold. His huge red fleece jacket was such a comfort. It had become a trademark on the set. He was quite a cheeky and playful person. While Park Shin-hye was serious and hardworking on her script, he was laughing and making jokes.

Wasn't he perfect in a sense? I was falling more and more in love with him every day. Initially I loved him as an idol. These days, I wasn't so sure anymore. Maybe still a huge percentage of idol love... but as he acknowledged me as a friend on site, I was feeling more personal with him... But of course, I didn't give much thought about it. I was after all, a passer-by who would disappear in another few weeks' time... which was another thing that I refused to think about as well.