8

"So I have this dinner with my family tonight. Which is 'Woah' for me because it just pops up all of a sudden." I said, eating my burger.

"So do you know who's in there?" Rafael asks me.

"I do know them but I just hate family dinners and all that. It just boring."

"You know what you can ditch it if you want." He says. Eating his fries.

"I wanted to. But my mom said attendance is a must. So what do I do?"

"Then say that you don't wanna go. Or maybe just... You know, lie your way out." He says.

"I never lied to them actually."

"Woah. I never thought that."

"Well, I have secrets. But I never lied."

"Alright. Then you can just go then. You will be fine. Just eat and keep quiet." That one was never been the best advice ever.

*bell rings*

"We don't have bio today, right? So maybe see you later then?" Rafael says while putting his bag on his shoulders.

"O yeah. See you later."

I sip at my medium size smoothie while watching Rafael go to the doors of the cafeteria. I headed to the other way. I go to the restroom and try to freshen up. There is a lot of vandalism and graffitis on the glass and the stalls. There is an actual poster says 'No to Vandalism' and someone writes on it says 'okay', which is really rude in my opinion but funny at the same time.

I went out of the restroom because I can't take the fact that the restroom looks filthy but smells just fine. I head my way out to the cafeteria but I saw something on the table that Rafael and I sat on. It is a Flashdrive that has a keychain and it has Rafael's name on it. I should give this back.

I don't know when I gonna see him but this seems very important. I would like to check what's on this thing first. But it is a private thing though.

*

When I went home, I went to my laptop and put the thumb drive on. It shows some pictures of his family when he was a kid and stuff like that. He also has some voice memos of him, singing. He has an angelic voice huh.

I think this privacy invasion went too far so I think I'm going to give this back. As I take the thumb drive off my laptop, my phone buzzes and I saw a text from Rafael.

"Do you have my thumb drive? I can't find it. It must fell somewhere." 5:37 PM.

"I actually have it. I saw it in the table at the cafeteria lately and I don't know what your next class is so," 5:39 PM.

"Uhm can you give it back, I mean right now? I really need it." 5:41 PM.

"Okay, but we need to hurry. Where are you?" 5:44 PM.

"Let go to McDonald's?" 5:45 PM

"I'm on my way." 5:47 PM

I went downstairs and ask my mom for the keys she is like, very, very tense because of whatever she is tense about.

"Mom calm down. It's just a dinner party."

"It's not just. It's your grandparents' anniversary and I need to fix everything first before we went out okay?" My mom says while panting in stress.

"I'm going to McDonald's, My friend ask me to bring his thumb drive."

My mom stopped for a moment.

"Your friend?"

"Yeah."

"That is a step up. That's actually a big deal."

"Mom, no biggies, please. I have to go."

"Alright honey, drive safe." She said