Chapter 11

"Hi mom. Cat come out of her room yet?" Said a concerned Claire as she came through the door with Keith trailing behind her.  

     "Not yet honey but I'm sure she'll be out soon." Maire said, trying not to show how worried she was too as she finished up cooking breakfast. Just as everything was finished and on the table, Brian came through the door with his family. 

      "Hi mom. Hi dad. Cat come out of her room yet?" Brian asked in a rush once the children ran off to play. 

      "As I told your sister, not yet but I'm sure she'll be out soon." Maire said for the second time today, trying not to feel any more guilty than she already felt. 

       "Now Maire, none of that. We talked about this last night. Everything will be alright." Jack said as he pulled her in a tight hug while gently rubbing her back. Just as she slowly pulled away, feeling greatful for her husband, someone knocked on the door. A second later, Kerian walked in with a slightly tired smile on his face. Before anyone could greet him, they turned as they heard footsteps coming down the stairs. 

      "Morning everyone! My isn't it a lovely day today!" Catalina said, smiling as she made her way to her family. Almost everyone looked at her in shock at the change of attitude from the night before.  

      "Cat, honey, I just want to say that I'm..." 

      "No worries mom. I understand what you were trying to do and to be honest I didn't tell you about what happened so don't worry about it. Just next time let me handle my own love life."Catalina said before her mom could finish what she was about to say. She then smiled at her and gave her a big hug. 

      "Let's eat everyone! I'm starved!" With that, she walked into the dining room, leaving her shocked family trailing behind her. After the blessing was said over the food and everyone had their plates thoroughly packed, everyone started talking at once having fun.

"Cat, honey, last night I thought I heard a noise and was wondering if that was you roaming around the house?" Maire asked as she was about to place a buttery piece of waffle in her mouth that was dripping with maple syrup. At that same moment Kerian picked up his glass of orange juice, trying to hide his sudden nervousness. 

      "That was me mom. I needed a breath of fresh air so went outside. Hope I didn't disturb you." Catalina said casually, not giving anything away. 

       "Well, what were you doing out so late? It was a while before you came back in." Jack said. 

      "I just went riding."Catalina said before putting a fork of perfectly cooked eggs in her mouth. Kerian, after just taking a big gulp of orange juice, started to cough and getting choked up. 

      "Oh my gosh! Are you ok?!" Maire asked as Jack leaned over and gave him one good, hard pat in his back. 

      "I'm fine. Juice went the wrong way." Kerian wheezed out while still trying to catch his breath. Claire looked between Catalina and Kerian curiously but didn't say anything. 

      "Riding?" Keith asked. 

      "Yes. With Kerian." Catalina said just as casually while reaching for her juice. After a sip, she looked at her family. 

      "Y'all do remember that he has horses right? I feel guilty for waking him up so late but getting a lesson in riding really helped me feel better. In fact, I can't wait for my next lesson." Catalina partially lied while keeping her face neutral. Images of last night started replaying in her head again and she decided that she really wanted lessons again but not of the horse kind. Just then, the children came in, distracting the family from more questions.

Hiiiiii all! Been a while and I do know it's short but wanted to get something out there. Have full internet again so yeahhhh!!!! Hopefully now I can get more updates out again on a regular basis now...I hope anyway. This is dedicated to all of you for being sooooo patient with me and I want to give a special shout out to my girl Rainy for always messaging me about updates. Makes a girl feel special! Remember like, add, comment or all three!

                                                                                                                 S.K.