Chapter 9

"How dare you come to my parent's house you sick son of a b..." 

"Catalina!" Maire shouted before she could finish her question. She was shocked to see this side of her daughter and alarmed to know that her surprise date is the reason for it. 

"I love you mom BUT BUTT OUT!" Catalina said with just a passing glance at her mom before turning fully back to the man that brought out all of her hatred. The last time she saw him was two years ago when he shattered her heart into pieces. She never told her parents what happened during that time but her sister, Claire, knew the full story and was just as mad as she was.

His name was Michael Turner and his father owned the company that has been wanting to merge with her father's for the past four years. Michael came along and made her believe that he was really interested in her but told her he wanted to keep their relationship quiet so their parents wouldn't think it was apart of the merger deal. He was tall and olive skinned with slightly broad shoulders and a narrow waist, not having a lot of muscle but enough to know he worked out a little with a face that was more pretty than handsome with is long eyelashes that even women envied and plump heart shaped lips that knew just what to say to get almost anything he wanted. Although she started to fall for him something would always hold her back from furthering what they had by making love. The day she made up her mind to ignore her feelings and just go with it, she was shocked by something she saw...

"Hello Catalina, been a long time." Michael said calmly even though he was kicking himself. He didn't even bother to remember her family or her and was mildly surprised when he got there. 

"Yes it has been and do you happen to remember what I said I would do if I ever saw your pathetic, sorry-excuse-for-a-man face again?" Catalina walked up to him as he stood there looking confused. At a second too late Claire and Keith remembered what she told them and all they could do was look stunned at the unconscious man on the floor with Catalina standing over him. 

"MOM, NEXT TIME STAY OUT OF MY LOVE LIFE!" Catalina shouts before storming upstairs away from everyone. No one knew what to do at first because they were too shocked to see that side of her but they were broken out of their trance when they all heard groaning coming from the floor.

"What in the world just happen?" Maire asked while on the verge of tears.  

"I guess I'll have to tell you. Remember that time when Cat came to stay with us for a month as she said on vacation? Well, Michael here broke her heart and she didn't want dad and you to know about it. He led her on saying he wanted it to be between just them two so dad wouldn't think it was apart of the merger proposal his dad wanted to draw up. Cat couldn't bring herself to ummm...further their relationship and I sort of talked her into it when she came to me for advice. I even helped her get dressed up and when she went to his house to surprise him well...she caught him in bed with erm...she caught him in bed with another guy and he was saying how he would have her yet because he wanted to know how it would feel to have sex with a fat chick. The whole time he didn't know she was even there." Claire stumbled out, feeling guilty as well as embarrassed for her sister. She felt guilty because she knew that she encouraged her sister to go to his house dressed up and such. If she would have just let her handle her own relationship then that probably wouldn't have happened like that. 

When Jack heard this he got angry and stormed over to where Michael was stirring on the floor. Michael then yelped as Jack snatched him up like a rag doll and stomped to the door, opening it. He then lifted Michael up and threw him out of his house, hearing him hit the ground and groan yet again in pain from the impact. 

"Don't ever come near my babygirl again or that will be the last thing you do." Jack said in a deep angry voice. Everyone knew that the moment you make Jack angry it's time to run because he very seldom show those kind of emotions. Michael knew this too and with fear in his heart he got up and stumbled to his car, getting in and drove off as fast as he could. When he got back, he scooped Maire up in his arms as she cried. 

"I thought I was helping. I'm so sorry, I just wanted her to be happy." Maire sobbed against Jack's chest. 

"I'm sorry mom but we tried to tell you. She's old enough to make her own choices and you just have to learn to let go. She does love you but she's just hurting right now." Claire said softly as she went to her dad to give her mom a hug too. Kerian stood off alone, running everything over in his head with a grim look on his face. He now knew one of the biggest reasons why Catalina didn't see just how beautiful she was and it took everything in him not to go looking for that Michael guy and doing to him worse than her father and she did. 

"You ok over here Ker, buddy?" Keith asked when he saw his face.  

"Yeah, I'm ok. Why do you ask?" Kerian asked, trying to calm himself down before he give his true feelings away. 

"Well hell, I don't know, maybe because you look like you're ready to murder someone. Seriously man, you ok? You know you can tell me anything." Keith said again as he tried to get him to talk. 

"Just have a lot on my mind and now I feel bad about what just happened. You should probably go and check on Cat though to see if she's ok." Kerian said, trying to get rid of his friend as well as wanting someone to see how Catalina was seeing as it wouldn't look right if he went himself, no matter how bad he wanted to.

Hi all! I know I know, short chapter and may not be very good but it's just a filler chapter. Plus I wanted to get another update out there soooooo...let me know what yall think and who all wants to know more about this Michael guy? Better yet, who all wants to kick his butt? Lol! Until next time my lovely readers!

S.K.