Chapter 12

"Cat!!! Cat, Cat, Cat!!!!" Jantrece screamed in Catalina's ear when she answered the phone. 

     "Jesus Christ chick, what's wrong?!" She asked as she leaned the phone away a little to rub her poor ear. 

     "You have to come over! Like right now! I'm freaking out here!" Jantrece screams before hanging up, not giving Catalina time to say anything else. She starts to get worried as she gathers her things together, preparing to leave the daycare center for the day. Even though she was wondering what could have Jantrece so upset, she couldn't stop other thoughts from popping in her head.

     "Is this true Kerian? Have you been giving our Cat riding lessons?" Maire asked, wondering what was going on. 

     "Umm...yes ma'am it's true. Your daughter is good at it too but wanted to keep it a secret until she was ready for everyone to know." Kerian said, glad that the lie came quick and easy.  

     "Fantastic!!! Well, maybe I will get you to teach me how to ride a horse too sometime soon!" Maire said excitedly. Just then, Catalina started coughing hard.  

     "Sorry, juice went down the wrong way." She said with the best poker face she could make.

     Dodged a major bullet, Catalina thought to herself after thinking about what happened just a week ago. Before she knew it, she was pulling up in Jantrece's driveway. 

     "You made it!" Jantrece shouted as she bolted out the door to Catalina. 

     "Yes, I made it but slow down! Where's the fire? What's going on?" Catalina asked as she pried herself out of Jantrece's arms. 

     "What? Nevermind, the most terrible thing has happened! Nick's unit is being deployed to New freaking Zealand for a new type of training that they decided to take them through! He's leaving at the end of this week and will be gone for three months. I can't deal Cat! What am I going to do without my Nicky-poo here?!" Jantrece said then started crying excessively. 

     "Calm down Trecey! It's not like he hasn't had to leave before. You made it through then and you can do it again. I'll be here with you." Catalina said, trying to calm her down. 

     "But but but he just fully got a chance to be here a whole year and I don't want to see him go! I'll just tell him to stay. And if he refuse, I'll hit him over the head and tie him up then put him in the basement until they ship out and then..." 

     "Trecey! Stop! You can't do that! It's not even that easy." Catalina said as she rolled her eyes. 

     "But I can pull it off if you help me! We can be like Thelma and Louise but without the part where we drive off a cliff and kill our crazy selves." Jantrece said with hope in her eyes. 

     "First, I"m not helping you do that to your own husband and second, what? Slow down and take deep breaths. Think about my little god-baby before you do something you may regret." Catalina said, trying to get her to think right. 

     "Danggit, you're right. Can't do that to my Nicky-poo or our little princess. But I still can't deal, Cat!" Jantrece said, getting over-dramatic again. 

     "Trecey, snap out of it! You can and you will now get your butt off me and let's go think of things to do to keep your mind off him leaving." Catalina said as she turned to guide Jantrece back in the house. When they made it in the livingroom, Nick peeked around the corner. 

     "Cat! Thank god you're here. I couldn't get her to calm down and then she threw a freaking vase at me as if it's my fault I have to go." Nick said as he glared at Jantrece. 

     "I'm sorry Nicky-poo! I promise I'll try not to throw anything else at you...today. Forgive me?" Jantrece asked while giving him the puppy-dog face as Catalina rolled her eyes again. 

     "You know I do baby...wait a minute, what do you mean today?" Nick asked but Jantrece just giggled and changed the subject. 

     "Before I forget Cat, you owe us and explanation. We haven't really heard from you since that Friday night when your mom set you up on a blind date. What happen?" Jantrece asked. Catalina sighed then went through the whole story about everything but kept it PG when she told about later that night. After she was done, Nicked looked shocked while Jantrece stood there laughing her butt off. 

     "Horseback riding huh? Did you have a fun lesson? Did that "horse" wear you out? Were you able to even walk right the next day? Did he pick you up and pinned you to the wall and..." 

     "Trecey!!!!!!" Catalina shouted as she blushed hard. 

     "Sorry, got a little carried away there." Jantrece said sheepishly then blushed hard when she looked up to find Nick staring at her. 

     "Jeez Trece, what am I going to do with you." Nick said as he shook his head. 

     "Well, I have a suggestion, You could always pick me up and pin me to the wall and ..."  

     "That's it! I'm out! Have fun with ummm...that!" Catalina shouted, blushing even harder as she headed to the door. As she shut the door, she heard giggling behind her then a squeal. She hurried as fast as she could and got out of there before she saw and heard something that would scar her for life.

     Hi all!!!! SO, here's another chapter but it's still kind of short, not as short as the last though! I must say that I have got the most amazing idea the other day from a friend that I am thinking of putting here sometime soon. May be after I do a few more chapters of TCLC but I'm still excited! The title will be The Wrong "Cindy"rella and I can't wait to get some chapters done on it. Will keep yall informed about that one as well as keep working on this one and thank yall soooooooo much for being patient with me and my slooooooooooooow updates. Yall are awesome and I dedicate this to all of you wonderful people. Don't forget to add, vote, comment or all 3.

                                                                                                   S.K.