Chapter 2

"Honestly Cat, honey, I don't know how you put up with that woman!" Maire said as she thought over what had just happened. She always had a hard time understanding why Cat put up with people like that when she could do so much better with herself. 

"I put up with her because I think of the children instead of the parents. Someone has to teach them right from wrong and who better than me since I had such a great teacher myself." Catalina smiled at her mom not only meaning what she said but was also hoping it would help to calm her mother down. When she saw the twinkle in her eyes she know she and done the right thing as Maire went over to give her a hug. Through everything that was going on and being said no one noticed that Kerian had yet to utter a word. 

"So, what exactly do you do? I would guess a teacher seeing as I've heard a lot about you and children." Kerian asked even though he already figured it out just from listening. He wanted an excuse to get her to actually look at him because from the time he came in she had yet to actually meet him eye to eye and it had him curious as to why. He had been curious about Catalina long before he even got here but of course he couldn't say that seeing as they just officially met today. What got him wondering was during the time when he first met Claire and all she seemed to talk about with Keith was how upset she was at her mom for something she did or said to Catalina trying to get her to do things she didn't want. He was able to tell even then that Claire is super protective of her sister even against their mom even though she means well. 

"I work at a daycare where I teach the children different things as well as sing and play with them." Catalina mumbled, still not looking up at him seeing as how is voice alone sent a chill through her. She was surprised she was even able to talk without her voice shaking because hearing him speak made her feel a way she didn't think she would ever feel. His voice was low, deep and sexy which sent her thoughts into overdrive thinking about things she hasn't even done before. Get a grip on yourself Cat! He's way out of your league and besides, he's probably into women more like Vivienne, she thought after mentally shaking her head to clear those thoughts. After getting herself, she chose to look at him in order to try and overcome her shyness. When she took him in she almost slapped herself for looking because it brought the thoughts back in full force. He was the most sexy man she had ever seen, standing at 6'1" over her short 5'4" frame. He had broad shoulders and muscles in all the right places indicating that he either worked out a lot or did plenty of hands-on work. You could easily tell even with what he had on that he had a flat tone stomach, easily a six-pack, as well as strong muscular legs. As Catalina dragged her eyes up his body she also saw that he had short black hair that was still long enough to run your fingers through paired with the most beautiful grey eyes that were looking at her. She then looked at his plump pink lips as they were turned up in a smirk as he took in the effect he had on her. Catalina couldn't seem to bring herself to look away but to her horror she discovered she was blushing hard and her whole family was standing there watching her. She hurried and looked away but it was too late because the damage was done. She chanced a look over at her mother and saw her staring at her with the biggest grin on her face but before she could open her mouth her dad thankfully stepped in to save her. 

"Well, seeing as your mom and sister did all of this cooking, I volunteer that David and I clean the kitchen with Keith and his friend supervising us of course. That way you ladies can gab to each other like y'all like to do." Jack said chuckling with a twinkle in his eye. David groaned because he didn't want to do dishes but sighed in defeat and went to clear the table. 

"Ummm...Mom, Claire and Nat can talk. I really need to go and do something but won't be gone long." With that being said Catalina hurried out of the back door before anyone could say anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh my God, guys! I just had one of the most embarrassing moments and all I could do was stand there with my mouth open as if waiting for something to fly in!" Catalina groaned as she fell on one of her best friends, Jantrece's, bed feeling like a fool. She went to meet up with them there before heading to the center to help with Penelope. Jantrece and Nick, Catalina's friends since they were in middle school, have been married since we graduated out of high school. We all started out as best friends but the summer before our Junior year Jantrece and Nick started seeing each other in a new light and unknowing to me at the time, they fell in love. They are happily married with a 3 year old daughter that also goes to the daycare when they're both working and she is the most sweetest girl you will ever meet with an adorable name, Hayden Paige Summers.  

"Uh oh...what happen? Was it your mom again or...?" Jantrece always knew how to get right to the point. Her motto was don't beat around the bush, just be blunt and tell it like it is. Her attitude fit well with Nick's laid back casual one because he always made her laugh and smile a lot. Catalina completely envied their relationship but she would never tell them that, of course. She loves them to death but the last thing she wanted was for anyone to pity her. 

"Oh no, this was all me. I will never live this down." She says sadly then went into explaining to them what all happened just this morning. After finishing, she waited to hear what they thought about it but after no one said anything she slowly peeked out from the pillow she was hiding under the whole time. When she looked at them, she groaned all over again. 

"My Kit-Cat finally growing up and crushing on a real man! I have definitely got to meet this guy who has finally captured your eyes. You just don't know how long I have been waiting for this moment! Oh my gosh! We can finally double date, have couples night out, catch movies together..." By then Nick put his hand over her mouth to keep her quiet as he laughed at her excitement.  

"But Trecey, he's out of my league! You had to have been there to see and now he probably think I'm slow or something because of how I acted! Wait a minute, what do I care! It's not like we would ever date or anything but it was still embarrassing because the entire family was there. One more thing too..." She paused so as to see she had both of their attention. 

"Vivienne saw him and is already laying claims to him."

Somewhat of a filler chapter but hope y'all like it. Anyway, add, like, comment!

Also, picture is of Nick Summers!!!!!