Hang Out

It does not do to dwell on dreams

and forget to live.

-Harry Potter and The
Philosopher's Stone

Carmela's POV:
A little ways past thirty minutes, I was getting worried. My dad and some of my friends didn't arrive yet, knowing that they'll only be gone for no longer than the given time, it's really nerve racking.

I paced around the living room, frequently peeking out the window if there were any signs of their arrival. A honk from the car's horn, the car's head lights, or the sound of the car's engine. I'll even take my friends yelling from inside the car, sticking out their heads on the windows. But a couple more minutes had passed, and nothing, I repeat, nothing has made it's way on our drive way.

"Honey," my mom enters the room. "You look troubled."

"I'm, uh- worried." I replied as I sat on the couch and placed my forefingers on my temples.

"Aw, hon." My mom sympathized. "They'll be back soon. I can just feel-"

"WE'RE BAAAACK!"

I turned my head to the door and saw my dad, Aria, Hasha, CJ, Geo, Jolla, Jeromeo, and Duyan on my doorstep, bursting in the house.

"Hello, love." My dad kissed my mother's forehead as he took off his shoes.

I love my parents, but did they really have to display some off-putting PDA?

"Carmelaaaa!" Aria tackled me. "We missed you!"

"You've only been gone for thirty minutes."

"Those were the worst Carmela-less times of my life!"

"Ugh," I rolled my eyes. "Aria...."

"Carmela!" From behind her, Geo yelled. "This is kidnap! I've counted all the violations your friends have made while forcing me to come here!"

"Geo?!" My eyes widened. "I never knew you wanted to come!"

"I never did," he crossed his arms. "They did."

I paused for a short moment. Ouch, that hurt. He never wanted to go to my hang out. He was forced, and only forced, nothing more.

"Curse you!!!" CJ hits the pale boy's head. Knowing CJ's strength, that might've hurt really bad.

"You ruined the damn surprise you selfish, spineless, vampire of a creature!" Aria argued, and threatened to make his head bleed with one more head hitting.

"Ow! Geez!" He rubbed the back of his head. "I have every right to be mad you know! What do you think my mom will think after his favorite son has gone missing?"

"Already texted your mom, stupid." CJ frowned. "And she agreed you could come to the hang out."

"What do you think?" Aria huffed. "That we'd just kidnap you without your parents' consent?"

"We're ruthless bullies to you, not psycho kidnappers." CJ shook his head.

"This is an outrage!" He yelled. "I want to talk to my mom!!"