Her Love

Carmela's POV:
I shouldn't have told Aria.

Ever since then, when Geo was close.... She'd start fan girling.

Like any girl who goes doki doki over their friends' crush, they start to scream. Afterwards, they'll eventually embarrass you in front of them.

In a way that isn't cute.

Luckily, Geo didn't suspect a thing, I think?

And even if he probably did, I just have this gut feeling that he probably wouldn't ignore me.

Only now, he has been keeping his distance from Aria, who was unbelievably clingy and.... Had lots of obvious questions.

In Science time, Ms. Sigurado asked us to choose a partner among ourselves. For a small activity that needed it.

Aria smiled evilly at Geo.

"Aria," I said. "I think we should be partners, what do you think?"

"Mmm, maybe not. What about Geo?" She started.

He looked at us, confused. "What?"

"Be Aikanne's partner!"

"I already told Dante that he'd be my partner."

"Geo!" Aria leaned closer to him. "Are you interested in having a partner in life?"

"No," he scratched the back of his head. "At least, not now."

"Ahh," she smirked smugly at him. "Not now huh? So maybe later in life."

She winked then giggled to herself.

"What?" He raised an eyebrow.

"So tell me," she said. "In that season where Cherry Blossom petals fall down on the ground, and you're sitting under one of them. Who do you have in mind to be your lucky fallen Cherry Blossom that you catch and eventually have children with?"

"OKAY! THAT'S ENOUGH ANIME FOR YOU, MISSY!" I pulled her back and covered her mouth.

It was somehow like that. Alright, now I deeply regretted my decision.

Until, it came to the point when....

"Hey Geo," I called.

"Yeah?" He asked in an annoyed tone.

(At that time, Aria had finally left us alone, and was finished with her tsunami of awkward questions.)

"You know...." I stopped in the middle of my sentence.

There was a short pause.

"I know what?" He asked.

"I have a crush."

He finally looked awake. He didn't look bored nor did he look like he was losing his grip on life.

"Who?" He blinked.

"I can't tell you."

"Well that was stupid." He rolled his eyes. "You go up and telling me you have a crush, then you won't tell me who it is."

"Hey," I punched him playfully. "Can't you take a little bit of suspense in your life."

"Whatever. I don't care anymore."

Soon after....

"C'mon Carmela!" He whined. "I told you my crush, why won't you tell me yours?"

"It's because I don't want to ¹baka!" I answered harshly.

"Is it alright if I guess?"

"You can try-"

"Yay!"

"But I won't tell you once you've guessed."

"Damn you."

He kept on annoying me with questions on who my crush is. My answers just leave him into a deeper consent of confusion. Is it bad if I enjoy this?

The fact that he's actually concerned on who I'm interested in, it's flattering, really.

"What's this?" Aria interferes. "Geo's guessing Carmela's crush?"

"You know her crush?"

"I don't know," she smiled smugly as she shrugs.

"Sh, Aria," I looked at her with the same expression. "Once Geo finds out about her...."

"Your crush is a girl?!"

"We don't know," we both said in unison.

"THE FREAKIN'-"

Yeah, it was fun to play this little game of torment to Geo. He he.

Geo's POV:
Later in the day, we had Math classes with Ms. Margarine. I gave up on guessing her crush, for now.

My tactics might work better if I catch her by surprise. Her words might slip, and her crush's name is all mine.

"Hey white man," she smiled. "You showed up today. Just a friendly remembrance, but why though?"

"Yeah," I yawned. "I wasn't doing any clearance work in Ms. Margarine's Math class, going to school is the least I could do."

"Then going to school is futile, if you're not gonna do anything. Going to school these remaining days are for clearance work only." she narrowed her eyes.

"Meh," I shrugged. "How's your clearance holding up?"

"I'm done." She grinned proudly.

"Then, good for you." I slow clapped sarcastically.

She hit me lightly with her mechanical pencil, which somehow she always has on her hand to hit people like me. I've gotta admit, it's pretty handy.

"Ow, alright! Enough-"

"Geo!" Ms. Margarine scolded from her table. "Chit chatting with Carmela won't finish your clearance any faster. If I were you, you better start! You haven't asked me to sign anything yet!"

"Yes, miss...." He whispered timidly. He took his notebook and asked for mine. He copied the notes, and after a while....

Carmela and I argued over who was her crush. It wasn't fair!

I told her mine, why wouldn't she tell hers?

I offered her to play rock paper scissors, but she already figured out who'd win the latter.

It was an endless argument. In the end, I came out as the loser. Hoping that maybe one day, if there was a chance, I'd know that lucky guy who'd capture my best friend's heart.