It's Life

Everyday is special, so make it count.

-Anonymous

Carmela's POV:
Like any other day, I woke up and climbed out of bed.

Well, that's interesting.

I don't want to fill you in on my day at home everyday in the morning, so I'm going to take you further in time to wherein I'm already at school.

I stepped out of my school bus with my bag hanging on my left shoulder, and my expression ever looking so sober. My bag is heavier than the universe considering all of the stuff that's in it. Sketchbooks, art materials, thick notebooks.... But mostly art materials.

Haha, what can I say? An artist travels around with her pencil, am I right? Except I bring mounds of art materials.

I took a heavy sigh and entered the school corridors.

Well, today's an improvement! The hallways aren't that chaotic today. Although, I could still hear screeches of students, scolding teaching facilitators, travelling gossip, and almost everything. I can even hear weird sounds that is incomprehendable with the human ears.

I headed off to my classroom and sat on my respective seat. I wanted to quietly sketch while listen to some anime music on my phone, when suddenly she came along.

"Hey there, Carmela Wilson," she called in a sing-song voice. "Whatcha doin'?"

"Good morning Aria," I said plainly. "Uh, nothing.... Just sketching, I guess."

Aria was one of the people that I could call as my friends, a fellow artist and anime lover. She's tan with shoulder length black hair that she mostly styles half-up.

She looked like Heather Duke, if I'm not mistaken, from Heathers. It's only because of her hair style though. She has her own, uh—unique appearance?

"Cool," she smiles. "Could I take a peek on your progress so far?"

I shrugged. "Meh. Why not?"

I handed it to her with extreme caution. Once she received it, she began to flip through pages of my sketchbook.

As she scanned, we chit chatted about ¹Love Live and recent animes we've been watching. So on, also giving tips on drawing. This happens almost everyday, if she wasn't late. Later on, this guy comes along and sits beside us on our table.

A curly haired male, with captivating hazelnut eyes, and pale white skin that was like a vampire's. If you're asking–no, I wasn't exaggerating. You could really picture this guy as the real live dracula if it weren't for his extensive curly brown locks of hair.

"Hey Apple," he says. "Wanna hear something new?"

He twirls around his phone on his hand as if it were a fidget spinner.

"I dunno," I shrugged. "You got a new phone, ²baka?"

"Yeah," he nodded. "And you know what else?"

"Just spit it out, idiot." I rolled my eyes. "I don't have all day."

"I changed my password on my phone to 'female,' and it suddenly malfunctioned." He turns his phone on. "And says that it's too weak! Ooohhhh! Get it?"

I took my mechanical pencil on the table and tapped his head lightly with it. "Shut up, baka."

"Seriously," Aria held back a laugh. "When are your corny jokes gonna end, Geo?"

He shrugs and sighed. He stood to leaves us, going to the table where Dante sits. Dante's his best friend, just so you know.

He's at the very top of Geo's list of awkward best friends right before me.

"Damn," Aria glares at him. "You make better jokes, Carmela. Even if they are corny."

"Nyaaa~" I pouted. "I know, zura."

"Who's Zura?" Aria raised an eyebrow.

"Hey Apple," another guy went in front of me, and no this wasn't Geo.

He was taller than me, kind of roundish and had a pale babyish face like Geo's, although this guy wasn't cute. In any angle you put him, he'll never be as hella cute as me.

"Don't talk to me Biclone," I rolled my eyes.

"Whhhhyyyyy???"

"Because I said so, baka." I faced him.

"Oh!" He walks away. "Fine! Your rude!"

"You're ruder...."

"You're rudest!"

He storms off, stomping his heavy feet on the ground. The reason why earthquakes were evident in the Philippines.

He was a frenemy of mine. We often teased each other, but sometimes his language kind of gets out of hand so I've been keeping my distance.

"App-apple," a whiny voice spoke.

This was Jeromeo, another awkward friend of mine. I wait the day when his squeaky voice would stop rambling.

"Good morning, and.... Er, hi. I finished the anime Assassination Classroom, the, um.... And it was so cool and I kept on watching the episodes over and over again and-"

"Okay! Okay!" I stopped him. "I get it, I-"

"Class, you may start the role call!" A student had yelled.

With that single command of the student, everyone moved and went to their seats in a hurry.

"Dang, that was fairly quick." Aria made a death glare at the student. "See you later Carmela!" Aria had waved good bye and went to her own respective seat from the next table over.

Damn, homeroom couldn't have waited for Aria and I to finish our sketches, can it?

¹Love Live- an anime about school idols.

²Baka- idiot in Nipponggo/Japanese.

***

This was life for me almost every day in school.

It's pretty crazy, loud, annoying, and basically everything that happens in high school.

The things I do at home are personal, so you don't have to ask why Aria didn't write parts of the story at home.

This is Carmela Apple's point of view of from Aria Nemuyco/MustYouCry08.... Freshman.

Hope You Liked It!