Saving Aliens!

Only know you've been high,
When you're feeling low.
Only hate the road,
When you're missing home.
Only know you love her,
When you let her go.

-Let her go,
Passenger

Carmela's POV:
I knew his streak would end eventually. He went to school consecutively for two days this week, now he goes absent.

Wow, he broke his own record.

Oh, well.

It wouldn't surprise me if he'd turn up tomorrow. We've got a practice for a play, and he's a lead character.

Our classmates would kill him if he wouldn't turn up.

For today, it's been very normal. I hung out with Aria and some other friends. I filed my clearance to Ms. Margarine and Ms. Ruie, and that's about it.

And everything in between were some corny puns and weird mishaps. Although, it'll never be the same without Geo.

"Ariaaaa," I whined. "The white man isn't here."

"Aww, cheer up!" She pats my back. "So what if you're best guy friend isn't here? We're here."

She gestured to CJ, Duyan, Eliza, Cherry, Dante, Jeromeo, and everyone else.

"It isn't the same." I sighed.

I slumped on the table, and continued sketching one of my OCs.

"I know how it feels," she puts a hand on my shoulder. "To miss someone."

"Ugh," I grunted. "I chatted with him last night and asked him if he was going to school today."

"Then what'd that vampire say?"

"He said no, and I asked why," I continued. "Then he only replied that he was saving the Earth from dangerous aliens and we should be thanking that pale ¹baka for what he's done."

"Saving the Earth from aliens?"

I nodded.

"That's the worst excuse yet," she giggled. "I bet that probably in reality, he's just playing under tale while eating pizza on his bed side."

I only slumped, and turned my head to the opposite direction.

"Heyyy," she called. "Don't act like that. You're like me when I'm mad at Jen if I see him with another girl."

"Hm...."

"Alright, what's the real problem Carmela Wilson?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing, dear~" I chimed, with a sudden change of attitude.

Hoping she won't see through my thoughts, I decided to keep my sadness in a low key in a guise.

Aria's POV:
I'm worried for Carmela. She's been having such a mood swing lately, only because Geo wasn't around.

Geo being absent is common. Why does she feel this way now?

After break time, Carmela and I listened to some anime openings, since we had some free time with Ms. Ruie.

Thank you, miss!

We used her phone, and we only shared one earphones, one ear bud each.

Suddenly the song switched to Your Love. An old classical song.

"Heyyy," I whined. "Weren't we listening to anime opening songs earlier? How did we get to cheesy songs like Your Love?"

I squinted my eyes, and I could see that she was smiling. A weird, genuinely happy smile.

"Carmela...."

"Oh? Huh? What?" She looked at me, incredulous. "Sorry.... I just got a little caught up with the song. Tee-hee."

She giggled, like a school girl. What?! She never giggles like that!

"Who the hell are you and what have you done with Carmela?!"

"Aria...." She rolls her eyes. "It's me. I'm fine."

"You had a mood swing earlier, then now.... Why are you smiling a lot?" I punched her playfully. "You look like me when Jen gave me chocolates- holy! Wait...."

An idea popped into my head.

"I just thought of something." I had wide eyes.

"What?" She asked. "Aside from another analogy of your relationship experiences with Jen-"

"You're in love!"

"What? Out of all the things you've said today, that is the craziest-"

"Don't lie to me, Carmela...."

"I'm not."

"Yes, you are! Now spill!" I pounded on the table. "Who's the lucky guy?"

"Aria...."

"Pleeeeeaaaaase." I pleaded while her eyes looking so innocently cute.

"Uggghhhhh, fine!" I grunted.

"Yay!"

"But!" She smirked. "You'll have to guess."

"Crap."

Carmela's POV:
The remaining time of the day, she made stupid attempts to guess that special guy.

"Is it Geo?"

"No."

"Is it CJ?"

"No."

"What about Vauld?"

"Never in a million years."

"Biclone?"

"No."

"It's Geo then?"

"NO!"

She suddenly stopped and pursed her lips after so many failed attempts. She slumped on the desk and buried herself in her arms.

"Aria...." I tried to hold her shoulder.

"Don't talk to me!" She yelled. "I know you'll never tell me who your crush is...."

"Hey it's-"

"And after you promised!" She continued. "You promised that I'd be the first to know!"

I heard her making fake sobs, and I just stared blankly at her.

After a minute or two, I finally gave up. What's the harm if I told her anyway?

"You're right.... It's Geo."

"Hwha- what?!" She sat up straight and looked at me intensely. "Say that again! Did I just hear Geo? Geo Quadragon?"

I nodded.

"Aiiieeeeee!" She squealed. "I knew it! I friggin' knew it!"

"What? You knew?"

"Well, isn't it obvious?" She giggled. "You two are always together. It was bound that at least one of you would eventually have feelings for the other. Whoo! Go Carmela and Ge-"

"Sh!" I warned. "Just please, shut up about it?"

Aria giggled.

"Besides," I lowered my voice. "He likes Maine."

"What, really?" She had wide eyes.

"He told me a couple of days ago," my words trailed off.

"Who cares?" She snickered. "Fight for him, girl!"

"What? No." I shook my head.

"Why not?

"Just- sh! Enough of this talk about him and his crush. It just makes me miss and hate him more. I trust you to keep that secret, alright? So you better, or else."

She nodded and snickered to herself.

I thought of the many things that could end up pretty badly, but for now.... I guess it was better to just enjoy a bit and be ignorant about those things.

I knew I could trust Aria. What could possibly go wrong?