Chapter 11: The Visitor

I hope you guys are enjoying this book so far!!!!!! I am really excited about it and I hope to get it published I hope that I will be able to continue making this book a success in your eyes. :) ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 I am sorry for this chapter gets confusing at all, there is a lot of switching between points of view. 

 I have dedicated this chapter to my very amazing and supportive and encouraging boyfriend. Honey you make my writing better!!!!

Chapter 11: The Visitor

CHARLES'S POV.

I wake up to the sound of the knocker on my front door.Not wanting to make Emalia get up to answer it, I reluctantly get out of my bed and walk barefoot across my bedroom floor. I fling the door open and walk down the hall to the staircase. When I get there, I march down the stairs and right to the front door. 

I throw the front door open. I see a figure standing in front of the sunlight and I can't see the face. The sun is blinding me and keeping me from seeing my disturber. As though the figure read my mind, it steps into my house. I can make out the face now, it is, Adam from town. He is the next to rule behind Emalia. He must have already taken her spot, I think to myself. He must be living in her house or what used to be her house right now. As far as I am concerned he is far too young to be ruling the town. He has not yet had enough experience to make the best decisions for the sake of the town.

"Hi, Adam, what can I do for you so early in the morning?"

"Uhh... Sir, it is afternoon, no longer morning. Oh and as for what you can do for me, I was wondering if I could speak with you, somewhere private, I was hoping. I am more than certain you have a place like that where we can go to speak."

"I do, yes, but I am tired Adam, I was up late last night."

"Oh, a woman I presume had your attentions?"

"Maybe, follow me." He steps inside my house and I close the door firmly. "Just over here," I lead him to my office. I close the door and I sit behind the desk. I gesture with my hand for him to pick one of the three seats placed in front of my desk. He picks a seat and sits. 

"So, what is it you were wanting to speak with me about, Adam?"

He visibly tries to regain his composure from being intimidated by me sitting behind my big desk. "I was wondering if you would have any use for any more horses or any animals? I was wondering because I am having trouble selling all the livestock and horses for the townsfolk and they are getting antsy. Would you be able to help me out?"

"Well, Adam, you do know that I don't farm here. That isn't what this is. I have horses because I am passionate about horses. And in order for me to buy any kind of horse from you, I would need to see it and try it first. I cannot just buy a horse without knowing how it acts or feels when I ride it. Or how good and strong of a horse it really is."

"Hmmm..... I will see if I can work something out with that, okay, but I can't promise you anything. It will take me a few days to see if I can get that arranged let alone arranging for it to happen. Those few days just might get me ripped apart by the townsfolk, I don't have that much time, Charles."

EMALIA'S POV.

I wake up to the sound of the front door slamming shut. I jolt awake, momentarily frightened by the loud thud of the door. I throw the covers off and get out of my bed. I walk across the room to my window. I open the curtains and peer out. The sun is shining and it is high in the sky. That means it must be afternoon, how can it be afternoon? I never sleep later than late morning at the very most. The wind looks to be blowing a nice breeze and the clouds in the blue sky are white. There are birds flying in the air and singing songs that would be music to my ears if I could hear them.