Chapter 7: What Is Happening!

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter too. I'm really enjoying writing it and I send a big thank you to the people who have commented and given me feedback on my writing. It really does help a lot  I'll make sure to write those comments down so that I can keep them in my mind when I start to edit. 

 I would like yo present to you a very special person participating in my writing life. She is very special to me and undeniably encouraging. MYSTERYGIRL613 she has never allowed me to stop writing this book. Thank you very much mysterygirl613, when and if you read this, the finishing of this book, will be all because of you, never letting me stop, never letting me rest until it is done.

Chapter 7: What Is Happening!

EMALIA'S POV.

 The sun is shining and there is a slight warm breeze. The grass and tree leaves are blowing in the breeze. The sun feels so warm on my uncovered skin. The breeze makes the weather comfortable to be out in, it keeps me warm, but not too warm that I need to remove any clothes. Together we walk toward his stables where he must keep his horses and maybe some livestock if he has any, although I can't imagine Charles as a farmer. He just doesn't seem like that kind of man.

He squeezes my hand and that's when I realize that he's still holding it and feelings start to spread through me. Why am I feeling like this? I mean the feelings are nice, but I can't I just can't. I can't let myself get to close to this man. Why is he the only man to make me feel this way? Well, I haven't exactly met or been very close to many men, but still. Why should he be making me feel this way? 

I pull my hand out of his and start walking in front of him toward the stable. I pull hard on the big wooden door and it swings open and bangs back against the side of the stable. I walk inside and look around. The smell of rotting wood is present, however not strong, which I am very thankful for. I walk down the little hallway, passing by each of the stable stalls. In the last two there are two horses. One white and one a dark maroon colour. 

I walk up the the stall that holds the white one hostage in it. I reach out my hand to touch the beautiful horse. I wonder if it's a mare or a stallion. As I stroke the horse's mane and snout, I think about the kiss that Charles and I shared back there in his house before coming out here. Why did he kiss me and why did I kiss him back? I don't understand any of this, why do I feel like this? Why didn't some other female feel this way about Charles, someone older or more beautiful or someone who knows more than me about all of this. I just don't understand, I need time to think. 

Charles walks in and stands next to me stroking the horse's legs and shoulders. "This here, is Lucky, he's my lucky horse. He's gotten me through every tough time I've been through since I got him." Well, now I know that it's a stallion, I wonder how he tamed it or if he caught it himself or bought it from a farmer. Charles reaches over and takes my hand in his. I start to step away from him to put some distance between us, but he doesn't allow me to, he pulls my hand toward him and where else is my body going to go besides to follow my hand. 

"What is wrong, Emalia? Have I upset you? Did I do something wrong? Did I do something you did't like? Please, Emalia, tell me. Tell me so that I can correct that mistake and make you feel at home and at ease here in my home and with me."

I shake my head and try hard to pull my hand free of his, but it's no use, he has my hand bound in his and is not going to let up until he gets what he wants. "I can't I'm sorry. I am confused, I do not understand my own feelings about you or your kindness towards me. I need time to think, to try and sort out my thoughts about you and about myself; about my feelings. If you allow me the time I need to think and to rid myself of my confused mind, then I promise, I will tell you what it is you desire to know. I cannot however, answer you now because even I do not know now what I am thinking or feeling, for I am thinking and feeling too many things to understand those things I am thinking and feeling."